Ashbury, Oxfordshire, SN6
- Charming chalkstone semi-detached cottage
- Four bedrooms, two en-suite
- Private, secure gardens to the front of the property
- Pinewood Prep School a short drive away
- Two village primary schools nearby
- Exceptional rare opportunity to buy in the village
- Kitchen/breakfast room with Aga
- Utility, cloakroom and separate dining room
- Ample parking
- A family home in the country
The original property comprised a semi-detached chalkstone cottage which has now been thoughtfully extended by the present owners. A first floor balcony accessed from the principal bedroom (and another) is a charming feature from which to enjoy a morning cup of tea or mug of freshly brewed coffee, or an evening nightcap whilst enjoying views over the village to the Ridgeway.
The peaceful sitting room boasts a fireplace with wood burning stove, with beams extending into the separate dining room, perfect for entertaining. A family farmhouse-style kitchen with granite worktops and gas fired AGA lies open plan to a garden room providing a sunny and relaxing, sociable space. Completing this floor is a useful utility/boiler room and cloakroom.
Upstairs, the main bedroom includes an en suite bathroom with bath, whilst the guest bedroom includes a spacious shower. A further double bedroom, a single bedroom and a family shower room complete the first floor.
The gated driveway provides off road parking for up to six vehicles. The gardens lie to the front on the south side of the cottage and are very private. Laid to lawn with mature shrubs, trees and hedging, there is a sunny patio, two garden sheds and a summer house.
To the side of the kitchen is a very useful covered space providing additional storage, room to dry laundry on a damp day and a perfect space to barbecue. A pedestrian gate gives access to a narrow strip of land to the rear for maintenance and storage.
This property is not thought to be listed. It has oil fired heating (bottled gas for the Aga) with mains water, electricity and drainage.
Ashbury, Oxfordshire, SN6
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Swindon Station6.6 miles
About the agent
We are a leading firm of independent estate agents helping people on the move in Oxfordshire, Gloucestershire and Wiltshire - selling modern and period homes throughout the region's most sought-after towns and villages. With offices in Faringdon, Cirencester, Cheltenham, Stroud, Nailsworth and Tetbury, our clients enjoy extensive marketing across our branch network coupled with award winning customer service.
We also have a London office, ensuring yo
Stamp Duty calculator
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference FAR202794. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Perry Bishop, Faringdon. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the average speed from the provider with the fastest broadband package available on comparethemarket.com at this postcode. The average speed displayed is based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm). Fibre/cable services at the postcode are subject to availability and may differ between properties within a postcode. Speeds can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed at the property may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed and confirm availability to a property prior to purchasing on the broadband provider's website. Providers may increase charges. The information is provided and maintained by Stickee Technology Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.