Hog Lane, Amberley, Arundel, West Sussex, BN18
- Charming Detached Grade II Listed Period Thatched Cottage
- Located in the sought after Downland Village of Amberley
- Within the South Downs National Park and Walking Distance to Amberley Station
- Kitchen/Breakfast Room and Sitting Room
- Sun Room and Ground Floor Bathroom
- Two First Floor Double Bedrooms
- Secluded West Facing Rear Garden
- Timber Summer House
- Approved Planning Permission to Extend Recently Obtained
This charming cottage is believed to date from the 17th Century and retains many period features including timber beamed ceilings and an inglenook fireplace. It is quietly tucked away in a secluded position, having a very pretty and private south west facing garden.
The accommodation comprises a beautiful double aspect sitting room with inglenook fireplace and timber beamed ceiling, a cottage style kitchen/breakfast room with a range of base units, worktops, space for free standing oven and hob and terracotta tiled flooring, sun room again with terracotta tiled flooring and ground floor bathroom. On the first floor there are two double bedrooms. Outside there is a very pretty, secluded and fully enclosed south west facing garden, which is mainly laid to lawn with mature flower and shrub borders, patio area and a timber summerhouse. The property offers the potential to extend and consent has been granted to provide additional ground floor accommodation please search South Downs National Park website planning ref no: SDNP/21/00817/LIS.
Amberley is a quintessential English village with a thriving community, primary school, shop, Post Office, two public houses, tea rooms, a pottery and the 12th Century Amberley Castle (now a luxury country house hotel). Amberley station provides direct access to London Victoria and Gatwick Airport. There are also many local groups and activities. The village is close to the River Arun and is surrounded by some of the most beautiful countryside in West Sussex, including the renowned Wildbrooks. It is popular for walking, bird watching and other country pursuits and has attracted many artists over the years. Shopping facilities are available at Storrington (including Waitrose) and Arundel with its restaurants, Castle and Wetlands Centre. The nearby Cathedral City of Chichester offers a wide range of cultural amenities including its famous Festival Theatre, Pallant House Gallery and cinemas. Goodwood with its famous sporting events and world renowned Revival and Festival of Speed is within easy reach.
Hog Lane, Amberley, Arundel, West Sussex, BN18
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Amberley Station0.9 miles
- Pulborough Station3.4 miles
- Arundel Station4.3 miles
About the agent
Welcome to our Chichester office home page
Andrew Richardson and Mark Astley, ably assisted by William, Jo and Angie, here to help you move with the least stress and hassle.
Jackson-Stops have a reputation that is the envy of our competitors. With over 100 years of staff experience no-one in Chichester knows more about our people, property and places. Whether selling a modest apartment or cottage, or a country house our customers experience the very best levels of service.<
Stamp Duty calculator
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference CHI210318. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Jackson-Stops, Chichester. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the average speed from the provider with the fastest broadband package available on comparethemarket.com at this postcode. The average speed displayed is based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm). Fibre/cable services at the postcode are subject to availability and may differ between properties within a postcode. Speeds can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed at the property may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed and confirm availability to a property prior to purchasing on the broadband provider's website. Providers may increase charges. The information is provided and maintained by Stickee Technology Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.