Cotton Street, Balfron
Tenure: Please confirm if this is a freehold property with Rettie & Co
• Stunning period aesthetic – dates from early 1900’s
• Highly adaptable internal floor area of approx. 2,440 ft²
• Eight principal apartments
• Set to end of peaceful residential lane
• Ideally situated for amenities of Balfron Village
• Balfron Primary/Balfron High catchment
• Detached garage and plentiful off-street parking
A quite charming Victorian villa quietly tucked away to the end of a peaceful residential lane containing only a handful of properties, No.2 Cotton Street is a surprisingly spacious home that will perfectly cater to the needs of many a burgeoning or established family. The property is set to the fringes of Balfron Village, with an equally leafy and convenient situation sure to hold strong appeal.
Initial inspection will uncover the distinctive aesthetic of the building, with a façade of sharp white render and red brick all set under a pitched slate roof with offset bay and conical spire. Internally, a quite opulent, country style theme has been employed throughout which marries well with the period origins of the house. Highlights of the specification include:- Ralph Lauren wallpaper in the dining room, Heritage sanitaryware (including roll top bath) and luxury floor/ceiling tiling in the family bathroom, Range cooker as focal point to the kitchen, and the most beautiful original staircase set to cast iron balustrade.
Summary of accommodation
-Reception hallway with staircase
-Bay windowed lounge with fireplace
-Dining room with offset bay and fireplace
-Lower hall to pantry
-Sitting Room with fireplace
-Dedicated utility room with WC
-Four-piece tiled family bathroom
-Bright and spacious upper landing
-Five bedrooms (four good doubles and a further single room)
To the rear, a very private and entirely level area of lawn/stone paviours combine to great effect and provide an ideal space for outdoor furniture/child’s play. Our clients have modified the front garden to cater for their equestrian needs, where a significant area of hard landscaping could be reinstated into a generous front lawn.
The house is located but a short stroll from the village centre and here you will find a good range of local amenities and shops, including a large Co-op store, the village’s famous Doyle’s Café, pharmacy, opticians, butchers, bakery, village pub and an excellent health centre. Outstanding local Primary and Secondary schooling can be found within the nucleus of the village centre. A bus service connects the village to surrounding districts and, indeed, to Glasgow City. The village has a golf course and is surrounded by some stunning countryside. Glasgow City Centre is approximately eighteen miles away, with Stirling some nineteen miles. Both locations are accessible within approximately thirty to forty minutes via strong road links.
SAT NAV REF: G63 0TD
EPC Rating: E
Energy Performance CertificatesEPC Rating GraphEPC Rating Graph
Cotton Street, Balfron
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Milngavie Station9.0 miles
About the agent
Set in the heart of historic Bearsden, just six miles to the northwest of Glasgow's city centre, our office boasts unrivalled local knowledge and connections.
Since Rettie Bearsden was established in 2012, our team have built a reputation as the most innovative property experts in the region, offering the friendly, personal service for which Rettie & Co. is renowned.
We are perfectly positioned to help with all your property requi
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference KRT210062. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Rettie & Co, Bearsden. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the average speed from the provider with the fastest broadband package available on comparethemarket.com at this postcode. The average speed displayed is based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm). Fibre/cable services at the postcode are subject to availability and may differ between properties within a postcode. Speeds can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed at the property may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed and confirm availability to a property prior to purchasing on the broadband provider's website. Providers may increase charges. The information is provided and maintained by Stickee Technology Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.