Grimston Avenue, Folkesone, CT20
- This property is one of a kind for the area
- Stunning detached period house in prime West End location
- Offers 4300 square feet of accommodation
- Extensively restored and renovated
- Still requires decoration and finishing
- A short walk from Folkestone West Station
- Four reception rooms
- Kitchen/breakfast room (needs fitting), utility room
- Six bedrooms, three bath/shower rooms
- Garage, parking, west facing walled garden
Tower House is a 'one off' not to be missed. A truly unique prospect to acquire an exceptional property in a prime West End location. This handsome period house which dates to circa 1900 has been in the current owners hands for some twenty years during which time they have extensively renovated the property including restoration of the windows and stone mullions, re-rendering, rewiring and plumbing, the restoration and reinstatement of period details such as fireplaces, joinery and decorative architectural mouldings. Much of the interior has also been replastered. However, this is where the restoration of the property has come to an end leaving any intending purchaser a wonderful opportunity to lavish the house with their own cosmetic preferences, decorate to their own taste and choose kitchens etc tailored to suit their own requirements.
Behind the handsome façade the house boasts 4300 square feet of elegantly proportioned accommodation with a wealth of original (or faithfully replicated) features throughout. this includes a grand entrance hall with beautiful original staircase, three wonderful reception rooms all with open fireplaces, a generous kitchen/breakfast room which is quite literally ready for the kitchen of your choice, a utility room and cloakroom. Over the first and second floors are six bedrooms all of a generous size and three bathrooms. At the top of the house is what was originally designed as a billiards room, a cavernous space ideal for those working from home or for use as a cinema room, teenager's den or studio.
The property occupies a generous plot on the westward side of Grimston Avenue and overlooks the beautiful private gardens before it, part of the 'Lord Radnor Estate'. It has a wide frontage to the road with a deep front garden and wide driveway providing off road parking for a number of vehicles and access to the garage. To the rear the garden is walled and enjoys a westerly aspect.
For room sizes please refer to the floorplan.
Grimston Avenue is a particularly desirable address within Folkestone's sought after West End within a short, level walk from Folkestone West Station and Folkestone Central from where the High Speed Link service to London, St Pancras is available (journey times of around 53 minutes). The M20 (Junction 13), the Channel Tunnel Terminal and Ferry Port of Dover are all within easy reach, being 1.5, 3 and 9 miles away respectively.
The Leas Promenade with pleasant walks, fine views of the English Channel to France, bandstand and concert hall, is also only a short walk away from where paths lead down to the long stretches of shingle beach, coastal park and the recently revitalised Harbour Arm with champagne bar, live music etc. There are a number of outstanding schools in the vicinity, including boys' and girls' grammar schools. A ten minute walk from a regional centres of excellence for hockey and cricket, with a new athletics facility scheduled to be completed later this year. A wide range of sporting clubs can be found in the area, including watersports.
The Cinque Ports Town of Hythe, approximately 4 miles distant, provides a wide range of amenities including 4 supermarkets (including Waitrose, Sainsburys and Aldi), various independent shops and restaurants (All times and distances are approximate).
Grimston Avenue, Folkesone, CT20
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Folkestone Central Station0.4 miles
- Folkestone West Station0.5 miles
- Channel Tunnel Terminal Station1.8 miles
About the agent
Tim Lawrence & his qualified sales team boast more than 35 years' experience of selling property in Hythe, Saltwood, Folkestone & the surrounding villages. We pride ourselves on our in-depth local knowledge, and highly professional and personal service within a prominently located High Street office. Our commission rates are competitive and negotiable.
At Lawrence & Co we offer a highly professional and personal independent agency service. Since our formation we have established
Stamp Duty calculator
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference LAWR_003172. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Lawrence & Co, Hythe. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the average speed from the provider with the fastest broadband package available on comparethemarket.com at this postcode. The average speed displayed is based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm). Fibre/cable services at the postcode are subject to availability and may differ between properties within a postcode. Speeds can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed at the property may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed and confirm availability to a property prior to purchasing on the broadband provider's website. Providers may increase charges. The information is provided and maintained by Stickee Technology Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.