Hayhill Road, by Thorntonhall, Glasgow, G74
- ** SOLD AT CLOSING DATE ** A lovingly renovated house dating back to the late 1800s.
- Beautiful country home extending to 2500 square feet or thereby with accommodation over two levels
- Displaying a marvelous array of traditional architectural design features
- A lovely semi rural private country setting
- Generous gardens within 0.5 acres or thereby
- Detached double, through and through, garage and original outhouse
- Spacious and flexible accommodation suited to family life
Hayhill Cottage has been the site of farming cottages and outbuildings dating back to the late 1800’s which our clients painstakingly restored and developed to create one truly wonderful country home over two levels in 1992.
The property displays white rendering and is set under a grey slate roof system. The architectural design marries beautiful, exposed stone and brick with hard woods and high ceilings to create a homely and traditional feel throughout. Feature log burning fires in the kitchen and lounge and cast-iron chandelier in the entrance hallway complete the country home aesthetic.
The entrance hallway is welcoming and full of character and gives way to kitchen, dining room and lounge as well as the beautifully appointed cloak room. The kitchen is spacious and provides options for both informal dining and living areas as well as being marvelously equipped with modern range style gas stove and electric ovens, traditional tiled work surfaces and a range of wall and floor mounted units. The utility room can be found adjacent and offers plenty of storage and boot room space. The formal dining room enjoys dual, leafy, aspects and is the perfect setting for a feature dining table of scale. The lounge is another wonderful space and provides access to the rear courtyard. The feature log burning fire and exposed stone wall creates an instant homely feel that will only increase as the year turns to winter.
On the second storey the accommodation is split between the four bedrooms and main family bathroom. The principal bedroom is generous in size and is completed by an en suite and walk in wardrobe. The remaining bedrooms are spacious and bright and would all easily allow for well furnished double bedrooms or provide flexibility as a combination of home office, study or playroom space. The house bathroom is very well proportioned and boasts an original 1950’s bath which has been refurbished and brought back to life.
Externally the property has both detached double garage and an original outbuilding which is currently storage but could be developed into working space or guesthouse further increasing the potential of the property. The rear courtyard is paved and enjoys the sun at most times of the day and the remaining grounds all comprised within 0.5 acres or thereby.
The property enjoys elevated views over the surrounding countryside being conveniently located between the villages of Thorntonhall, Jackton and Eaglesham. Local train stations are within walking distance as are local shops.
EER Band E
BrochuresBrochure 1Home Report
Hayhill Road, by Thorntonhall, Glasgow, G74
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Thorntonhall Station0.9 miles
- Hairmyres Station1.0 miles
- Busby Station1.8 miles
About the agent
Once, estate agents were estate agents. Nowadays, they're often lawyers, mortgage brokers and letting agents too - but not at Corum. We work exclusively in estate agency, meaning we devote 100% of our time doing what our customers want: securing the best price for their property.
The agency's original founding partners worked together at one of the largest estate agencies in the country, until a company takeover led to a wholesale focus on Financial
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference 20731657. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Corum, Newton Mearns. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the average speed from the provider with the fastest broadband package available on comparethemarket.com at this postcode. The average speed displayed is based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm). Fibre/cable services at the postcode are subject to availability and may differ between properties within a postcode. Speeds can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed at the property may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed and confirm availability to a property prior to purchasing on the broadband provider's website. Providers may increase charges. The information is provided and maintained by Stickee Technology Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.