St Eligius Street, Cambridge, CB2
- Victorian terraced property which is well presented
- Long open plan ground floor accommodation with Amtico flooring and attracts a great deal of natural light
- Large kitchen/breakfast room, three double bedrooms and large contemporary bathroom
- Modern fittings yet retains many original features.
- Small walled garden, quiet location ideally situated for city centre
- EPC Rating = D
5 St Eligius Street is a well presented inner terraced townhouse which has been refurbished and now has accommodation laid out over three floors and extends to approximately 1,102 sq ft following an addition some 10 years ago.
The property is set back beyond a shallow paved frontage which provides space for potted plants and bicycle parking. The house is accessed via a painted paneled door with fan-light over into the entrance which has deep floor to ceiling cloaks cupboards along with a staircase with painted treads to the upper floors. The sitting room is situated to the front and has a wide sash window, cast iron fireplace with stripped pine surround along with recessed cabinetry and book shelving. The open plan sitting space ‘extends’ into the family room, again with original crockery/glass cupboards and cutlery drawer. This area was also extended to full width and has a skylight and tall floor to ceiling window to the rear. The kitchen/breakfast room has an extensive range of cream coloured cabinetry and integrated wine cooler, Bosch dishwasher and washer/drier, stainless steel oven and five burner gas hob. The side elevation is completely glazed with bi-folding doors which leads to a small courtyard and has a Velux skylight in the vaulted ceiling.
There are three double bedrooms, the two first floor bedrooms both have painted floorboards and built-in wardrobes, the main bedroom extends the full width of the property and has a cast iron fireplace. The bathroom is spacious, fitted in contemporary style and comprises deep tub, oversized shower cubicle, wall hung WC and Utopia basin with cabinetry beneath and wide mirror above. There is a sloping ceiling with two Velux windows. The second floor bedroom has Velux windows to the front with views over the neighbouring gardens and towards Brookside, there is eaves storage and an en suite WC and wash basin.
As mentioned earlier, the walled courtyard is small and measures around 13’ x 4’ with space for bistro table and two chairs, there is a locked pedestrian gate leading to a shared rear passage leading to Coronation Street. There is a residents permit parking scheme in operation, permits can be applied for from Cambridge County Council.
Note: Photographs taken August 2017
• Schools for all age groups in Cambridge in both independent and state sectors including St Faiths,, The Leys along with St Pauls, Newnham Croft and Milton Road Primary which ‘feed’ into Parkside Community College
• Excellent shopping facilities including Grand Arcade and Grafton Centre shopping malls and a busy daily market in Cambridge along with good everyday shopping facilities along Hills Road
• Cambridge railway station is close by with services to London from around 50 minutes
• Many open green spaces in vicinity including Coe Fen, Lammas Land along with University Botanical Gardens some 250m distant
• Popular ‘local’ pubs including The Panton Arms, The Alma and The Emperor close by along with Loch Fyne, Browns and The Bistro restaurant at nearby Hotel du Vin
(all distances and times are approximate)
Square Footage: 1,102 sq ft
St Eligius Street, Cambridge, CB2
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Cambridge Station0.6 miles
- Cambridge North2.4 miles
- Shelford Station3.4 miles
About the agent
With over 160 years of experience, over 600 offices globally - including 130 in the UK, and thousands of potential buyers and tenants on our database, we'll make sure your property gets in front of the right people. And once you’ve sold your property, we’re here to help you move on to the next stage of your journey.
Whether buying or renting a house, flat, country estate or waterside property, our experts make it their busin
Stamp Duty calculator
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference CAS210228. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Savills, Cambridge. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the average speed from the provider with the fastest broadband package available on comparethemarket.com at this postcode. The average speed displayed is based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm). Fibre/cable services at the postcode are subject to availability and may differ between properties within a postcode. Speeds can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed at the property may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed and confirm availability to a property prior to purchasing on the broadband provider's website. Providers may increase charges. The information is provided and maintained by Stickee Technology Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.