Merstone, Isle Of Wight
- EXCITING DEVELOPMENT OPPORTUNITY
- DESIRABLE, RURAL LOCATION
- PLANNING CONSENT
- CONVERSION OF TWO BUILDINGS
A site of approximately 2.9 acres comprising the former nursery with outline planning consent for at least six houses, along with additional consents for the conversion of two former nursery barns into contemporary homes.
Outline planning consent reference P/6574/18 permits demolition of redundant glass houses (which occupy an area of about 1.9 acres) to make way for housing. The plans approved show a scheme with six houses over the site, four detached houses and a pair of semi-detached houses with particularly generous gardens. The proposed houses will benefit from views over the surrounding countryside. Copies of the planning permission granted on 25th November 2020 with the related conditions are available from Spence Willard.
In addition, two adjacent buildings within lot 1 have Class Q consent to be converted into houses, (LPA reference 20/00896/3QPA) granted on 28th July 2020. These are referred to as building 1 and 2.
A substantial building of approximately 144 m2 situated to the south of the entrance drive with a large garden extending to the south. The conversion will provide contemporary accommodation including an extensive open-plan kitchen/living room along with three bedrooms, two bathrooms, a cloakroom and utility room.
A metal framed barn occupying a south facing position (13m x 8.7m). The consent allows conversion into a single storey contemporary home with a large open-plan triple aspect kitchen/living room in addition to two large bedrooms, one with a dressing room and en-suite shower room as well as a family bathroom, cloakroom and utility room. The principal living room is south facing and has bi-fold doors opening to the garden.
Adjacent is a TIMBER STABLE BLOCK (10m x 6.6m) with adjacent lean to, which at one stage was converted into temporary accommodation and later used for offices for an electrical engineering company.
Adjacent to the drive is a substantial OLD DAIRY (approximately 7.5m x 4.85m).
Relevant points relating to Lot 1 include:
- SPA and affordable housing contributions are to be paid based on being 3% of the sale price of each unit over £100,000 (excluding Buildings 1 and 2).
- Vision splays are to be created onto the highway as per the approved plans submitted by the vendors.
- Quotes are being obtained for the clearance of the site. The vendors have removed the oil tank and generator shed.
- Please see the planning consents granted for a full list of conditions.
- The planning officer's report makes reference to the consent being for outline consent for housing, "removing the reference to specifically 6 dwellings, leaving the layout and exact number of housing units to be agreed...". Reference is made to a maximum yield of around 9 houses in addition to Buildings 1 & 2.
LOT 2: VALLEY HOUSE
Built in the 1970s, this architect designed house provides particularly light accommodation and has great further potential. The property would benefit from some refurbishment. The majority of the windows are UPVC frame double glazed.
Glazed door with side panel to:
Entrance Lobby With tiled floor. Partially glazed inner door to:
With coats cupboard and staircase off to first floor.
Wash basin & WC.
A particularly light room with glazed sliding doors to the southern and western elevations, both leading to the garden, stone fireplace. Wide opening to DINING AREA.
Kitchen Breakfast Room
Fitted with a range of base and wall cupboards, integral oven, hob with extractor over. Built-in bench seating. Boiler. Opening to:
With space and plumbing for washing machine and dryer. Part glazed door to car port.
Approached via the staircase with a south facing window providing distant country views.
A double bedroom with westerly outlook.
A double bedroom facing east.
A south facing double bedroom with a range of built-in cupboards.
A white suite comprising bath with separate shower over, wash basin, WC and heated towel rail.
A single bedroom with a sloping ceiling.
Approached via a gravel driveway with parking for a number of cars, leading to a car port. There is a timber store to the east of the house, and lawned gardens approximately 0.3 acres with various mature fruit trees.
Lot 1 - Mains water and electricity. Whilst there is an existing drainage system it is envisaged a new drainage system will need to installed by the purchaser.
Lot 2 -- Mains water, electricity. A new private drainage system will need to be installed by the purchaser.
BT fibre extends to opposite the entrance
Rights of Way and Easements
A right of way is to be maintained for the benefit of Puddles between points A and B on the plan, along with an easement for services which run alongside the existing track. There is a historic right of way between points A and C for the benefit of Westfield for the purposes only of emptying and maintaining their drainage system (but this has not been used for many years). A new fence will to be erected along the northern boundary of Doves Farmhouse.
All viewings will be strictly by prior arrangement with the sole selling agents, Spence Willard.
1. Particulars: These particulars are not an offer or contract, nor part of one. You should not rely on statements by Spence Willard in the particulars or by word of mouth or in writing ("information") as being factually accurate about the property, its condition or its value. Neither Spence Willard nor any joint agent has any authority to make any representations about the property, and accordingly any information given is entirely without responsibility on the part of the agents, seller(s) or lessor(s). 2. Photos etc: The photographs show only certain parts of the property as they appeared at the time they were taken. Areas, measurements and distances given are approximate only. 3. Regulations etc: Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property does not mean that any necessary planning, building regulations or other consent has been obtained. A buyer or lessee must find out by inspection or in other ways that these matters have been properly dealt with and that all information is correct. 4. VAT: The VAT position relating to the property may change without notice.
BrochuresMerstone Valley N...
Energy Performance CertificatesEPC Front Page
Merstone, Isle Of Wight
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Shanklin Station4.0 miles
- Lake Station4.1 miles
- Sandown Station4.5 miles
About the agent
A well established team with a proven track record of selling quality property across the Island. This Independent Estate Agency has a prominent and dynamic sales team providing clients with an effective, professional service in sales and lettings of property across the Island.
The team have successfully sold a diverse range of properties including waterfront houses and apartments, farms & equestrian property, cottages and Manor houses. We aim to combine great contacts with the latest t
Disclaimer - Property reference 100523008916. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Spence Willard, Cowes. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.