Van Dyck Close, Barnard Castle
Situation & Amenities - Bishop Auckland 15 miles, Darlington 17 miles, Durham 25 miles, Newcastle upon Tyne 42 miles, A1(M) 17 miles, Durham Tees Valley Airport 27 miles. Please note all distances are approximate. Situated in the historic market town of Barnard Castle, this property provides easy access to the amenities within the town and its surrounding area. Darlington and Bishop Auckland are both within close proximity, while the cities of Newcastle, Durham, York and Leeds also easily accessible. There are main line train stations at Darlington and Durham, with International Airports to be found at Newcastle and Leeds/Bradford. The property lies within easy reach of the A66 and A1(M) bringing many areas within commuting distance.
Description - Sat on an impressive plot, with views over Barnard Castle School playing fields is 22 Van Dyck Close, an immaculately presented four bedroom detached family home. This property benefits from good sized reception rooms, with a living room, kitchen/diner, snug/play room and WC to the ground floor. To the first floor, there are four bedrooms, an en-suite to the master bedroom and a house bathroom. Externally the property benefits from a large outside space, with different sections consisting of decking areas, lawned areas and shrubbed areas. There is also a drive ample for three cars leading up to the single garage. There are some features to note; wooden shutters throughout all the windows and the doors, alarm system and six external cameras.
Accommodation - With door to:
Hall - With doors leading to the downstairs accommodation and stairs leading to the first floor landing.
Living Room - A spacious reception room, with a bay window to the front elevation and French doors leading to a decking area. Radiator.
Study/Play Room - To the front elevation this reception room is currently used as a play room but could be utilised as a study. Radiator.
Kitchen/Diner - A spacious kitchen/diner benefiting from fitted wall and base units, with Silestone worktops, stainless steel sink, induction hob with extractor fan, integrated appliances include, double oven, washing machine, fridge/freezer and dishwasher. Space for a dining table with French doors leading to the rear garden and door to utility. Radiators.
Utility - With fitted wall and base units, Silestone worktops, stainless steel sink and tap, space for a washing machine or tumble dryer. Door leading to the rear garden. The boiler is housed here.
Wc - To the side elevation with a WC, hand basin, partially tiled walls and radiator. There is a door leading to the understairs cupboard.
First Floor Landing - With doors leading to the first floor accommodation. Door to the airing cupboard, housing the water cylinder and pump. Access to the loft.
Bedroom One - With views over the front, this spacious double bedroom benefits from fitted wardrobes and a door leading to the en-suite. Radiator.
En-Suite - With a WC, hand basin, shower cubicle and partially tiled walls. Heated towel rail.
Bedroom Two - Double bedroom with views over the rear garden and fitted wardrobes. Radiator.
Bedroom Three - Double bedroom to the front elevation and a radiator.
Bedroom Four - A spacious single bedroom with fitted wardrobes and views over the rear garden. Radiator.
House Bathroom - To the rear elevation with a WC, hand basin, partially tiled walls, bath and a shower cubicle. Heated towel rail.
Externally - Immediately outside the kitchen doors is a lawned area surrounded by paving and wooden fenced boundaries with access to the drive. From the lawned area there are steps that lead down to a decking area with great views over Barnard Castle school playing fields and plenty of space for a seating area. The decking then leads along the side of the property with a shrubbed area and further steps leading to another decking area that has French doors leading into the living room.
Garage - A single garage with an up and over door and electric.
Tenure - The property is believed to be freehold with vacant possession on completion.
Local Authority And Council Tax Band - Durham County Council Tel: .
The property is banded E.
Services And Other Information - The property is serviced by gas fired central heating, mains electricity, water and drainage. Solar panels.
Particulars And Photographs - The particulars were written and the photographs taken in July 2021.
Viewings - By arrangement with the agents GSC Grays .
Disclaimer Notice - GSC Grays gives notice that:
1. These particulars are a general guide only and do not form any part of any offer or contract.
2. All descriptions, including photographs, dimensions and other details are given in good faith but no warranty is provided. Statements made should not be relied upon as facts and anyone interested must satisfy themselves as to their accuracy by inspection or otherwise.
3. Neither GSC Grays nor the vendors accept responsibility for any error that these particulars may contain however caused.
4. Any plan is for guidance only and is not drawn to scale. All dimensions, shapes, and compass bearings are approximate and should not be relied upon without checking them first.
5. Nothing in these particulars shall be deemed to be a statement that the property is in good condition, repair or otherwise nor that any services or facilities are in good working order.
BrochuresVan Dyck Close, Barnard Castle
Van Dyck Close, Barnard Castle
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Bishop Auckland Station12.1 miles
About the agent
How we help you
Selling your home can often be a busy and exciting time with plenty to think about. Our agency teams are dedicated to making the experience of selling or letting your property as enjoyable and smooth as possible by providing all the help and support you need.
What you need to know about us
At GSC Grays we deliver regional coverage across the North of England, with the benefit of in-depth local knowledge.
Stamp Duty calculator
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference 30845968. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by GSC Grays, Barnard Castle. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the average speed from the provider with the fastest broadband package available on comparethemarket.com at this postcode. The average speed displayed is based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm). Fibre/cable services at the postcode are subject to availability and may differ between properties within a postcode. Speeds can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed at the property may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed and confirm availability to a property prior to purchasing on the broadband provider's website. Providers may increase charges. The information is provided and maintained by Stickee Technology Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.