Glenorchy Villa, Pier Road, Tarbert, PA29
- Five-bedroom Victorian property
- Bed and breakfast potential
- Panoramic coastal views
- Open plan kitchen and living space
- Gardens to side and rear
- Short walking distance to local amenities
- Popular tourist location
- EPC Rating E41
Situated in a glorious waterfront location within the picturesque fishing village of Tarbert, Glenorchy House offers buyers an opportunity to acquire a well-presented semi-detached Victorian property, enjoying open views across East Loch to Loch Fyne.
The property is entered from the front into a boot room / porch which benefits from the original floor tiles, a wonderful feature of this period property. The porch then leads through to the hallway which gives further access to the ground floor rooms.
The kitchen sits to the rear of the house and features a range of white gloss finished wall and floor units, complimented by a contrasting grey composite worktop. The design encompasses a range of appliances including double oven, five ring hob and dishwasher.
The kitchen is linked to the lounge and dining areas thanks to an open plan design, giving the ground floor area a spacious and airy feel. A large wood burning stove sits centrally within the lounge, a focal point of the room, offering warmth and comfort in equal measure. The lounge features a bay window which offers far-reaching views across the water.
Adjacent to the lounge, the dining area also enjoys open views to the front, the perfect place in which to entertain family and friends.
To the rear of the kitchen, a small utility room gives access to a storage area under the staircase, with a doorway glazed doorway giving access to the rear garden of the property. The ground floor layout is completed by way of a ground floor shower room, which features a mixer shower and two-piece white bathroom suite.
The staircase leads from the hallway to the first floor where a central landing gives access to four bedrooms. Two of the bedrooms are located to the front of the property, with the master bedroom also featuring a bay window offering full coastal views. A family bathroom is also located on the first floor,
benefitting from a full-size bath with electric shower over and two-piece white bathroom suite. The smaller of the bedrooms would also make an ideal home office or craft room.
The staircase extends further to the second floor where a further two bedrooms are located. Both rooms are large enough to accommodate a double bed and the front facing room enjoys equally spectacular views across the water. There is a sizable storage space on the upper floor which is located off the hallway.
The property benefits from the following works, all completed in 2016: new windows throughout, re-plumbed, re-wired (meeting all fire regulations), new central heating and re-roofed.
Externally, the property sits within a sizeable plot and benefits from a patio area to the front which creates the perfect space to sit and take in the glorious views on offer. The garden extends to the side on the rear of the house and features a range of mature shrubs trees and bushes, rising to a flatter area at the top of the garden.
A pathway leads around the house to give access to some attached sheds, providing further storage for bikes or garden equipment.
Glenorchy House is well suited as a family home but, given its desirable island coastal location, could also be operated as a holiday home or bed and breakfast, providing significant income potential.
Glenorchy Villa, Pier Road, Tarbert, PA29
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Wemyss Bay Station19.8 miles
About the agent
- We treat every home like our own
- We buy / sell / let: rural homes, town homes, farms, estates, new homes, period homes and development land
- Local knowledge, national expertise
- 13 UK offices in: Aberdeen / Ayr / Bonar Bridge / Falkirk / Forfar / Inverness / Knutsford / Mayfair / Morpeth / Newton Stewart / Oban / Perth / Thirsk
- 150 professional staff
- It’s more than just a home: we’re backed up by our teams of Chartered Surveyors, Chartered Foresters, Ch
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference OBN210060. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Bell Ingram, Oban. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the average speed from the provider with the fastest broadband package available on comparethemarket.com at this postcode. The average speed displayed is based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm). Fibre/cable services at the postcode are subject to availability and may differ between properties within a postcode. Speeds can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed at the property may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed and confirm availability to a property prior to purchasing on the broadband provider's website. Providers may increase charges. The information is provided and maintained by Stickee Technology Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.