Beezon Road Trading Estate, Kendal, Cumbria, LA9
- Lease type:
- Long term
- Well located Industrial / Workshop Premises situated on an established trading estate, a short distance to Kendal Town Centre with good access to the local road network
- Dedicated loading area and shared yard
- Soon to be refurbished
- Potential to subdivide subject to specific occupier requirements
- Gross Internal Area 773m2 (8,318 sq ft)
- Rental - £40,000 per annum exclusive
The subject property is situated on Beezon Road Trading Estate, a popular and well-located estate on the edge of Kendal Town Centre.
Kendal is the principal town of South Lakeland and is situated just outside of the southern boundaries of the Lake District National Park, only 6 miles from Junctions 36 and 37 of the M6 Motorway. The town has a resident population of 29,495 (2011 Census) and is a popular tourist destination being 10 miles south of Windermere and the gateway to the Lakes which has recently gained World Heritage status. The town has a weighted retail catchment in excess of 50,000 people and a greater district catchment in excess of 102,000. The district's Class Grouping indicates that in excess of 50% of the catchment area is of A, B or C demographic.
Oxenholme Train Station which is situated on the West Coast main railway line is located 4 miles to the south providing direct services to London (approximate journey time 2 hours 50 minutes) and Glasgow (1 hour 45 minutes).
Beezon Road Trading Estate is an established estate and one of the main trading locations in Kendal providing a mixture of warehouses, offices and trade counter properties and occupiers include Homebase, A & W Tool Hire Limited, Westmorland Flooring and Bainbridge Electrical Limited.
The attached plan shows the location of the premises outlined red (for identification purposes only).
Unit 2 Beezon Head is a two-storey interconnected steel portal frame industrial / workshop premises that have part block / part clad elevations at half height beneath a pitched profile clad roof with translucent roof panels. The ground floor comprises of a concrete floor, single glazed opaque windows, LED strip lighting and a sliding steel door (3.5m x 3.25m). The workshop has a minimum eaves height of 2.92m to the underside of the mezzanine rising to 6.80m at the top of the frame. There are also two gas fired hot air blowers, one at ground floor level and one upstairs on the mezzanine.
The mezzanine comprises of a steel frame with a solid concrete floor, LED strip lighting, a small office and ladies and gent's WC's.
Externally, there is a dedicated loading area and shared yard.
It should also be noted that the Landlord intends to carry out an extensive refurbishment programme which includes, recladding and reroofing in part, general external works and defined car parking spaces. The Landlord is prepared to look at all serious parties wishes including a potential to subdivide, subject to cost and rental figures associated.
It is understood that the premises provide the following approximate gross internal measurements:
Ground Floor 403.28m2 (4,340 sq ft)
Mezzanine 369.77m2 (3,978 sq ft)
Total Approximate Gross Internal Area 773.05m² (8,318 sq ft)
We understand from the VOA website that the premises have a Rateable Value of £19,250 and is described as workshop & premises.
Prospective tenants should check the exact rates payable with South Lakeland District Council..
The property is available by way of a new Full Repairing & Insuring lease for a term to be agreed and at a rental of £40,000 per annum exclusive.
ENERGY PERFORMANCE CERTIFICATE
The building has an Energy Performance Asset Rating of C56 and a copy of the certificate is available upon request or to download from the Government's online EPC database.
All figures quoted are exclusive of VAT where applicable.
Each party to bear their own legal costs in the preperation and settlement of the lease documentation together with any VAT thereon.
The unit is available to view by prior appointment with Edwin Thompson LLP. Contact:
Joe Ellis / Suzie Barron.
Edwin Thompson for themselves and for the Vendor of this property, whose Agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are set out as a general outline only for the guidance of intending purchasers and do not constitute, nor constitute part of, any offer or contract.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, plans, reference to condition and necessary conditions for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact, but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to their correctness.
3. No person in the employment of Edwin Thompson has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatsoever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Agents, nor into any contract on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for loss or expense incurred in viewing the property or in any other way in the event of the property being sold or withdrawn.
5. These particulars were prepared in August 2021.
Beezon Road Trading Estate, Kendal, Cumbria, LA9
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Kendal Station0.2 miles
- Burneside Station1.8 miles
- Oxenholme Lake District Station2.1 miles
Disclaimer - Property reference SJB. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by EDWIN THOMPSON, Windermere Office. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.