23 Esslemont Road, Edinburgh, EH16 5PX
- Exquisite sitting room with open fire and bay window
- Large, modern kitchen/dining room
- Large central hall with wooden floor
- Master bedroom with ensuite shower room
- Double bedroom with dressing room and ensuite
- 2 further double bedrooms
- Contemporary bathroom
- Cinema room with utility and WC
- Landscaped front and rear gardens
- Driveway parking for 2 cars
By appt tel Agent
23 Esslemont Road is a stunning 4 bedroom main door flat forming part of a handsome detached Victorian villa. Situated in the highly desirable area of Newington, the property has an enclosed front garden, driveway parking for 2 cars and a south facing rear garden.
The current owners have undertaken an extensive programme of upgrading works and have also rebuilt the extension creating a fantastic bedroom suite with dressing room, ensuite shower room and mezzanine double bedroom with full-height south facing glazing. In addition, a cinema room, utility room and WC have been created on the lower ground floor and there is extensive cellar storage.
The immaculately presented property combines exquisite period features, such as the ceiling plaster work in the sitting room, with high quality, contemporary fixtures and elegant decor.
Fixtures and Fittings
All blinds and curtain rails, most light fittings and the Range, extractor hood and dishwasher in the kitchen are included in the sale price. The fridge/freezer, master bedroom wall lights, most curtains and the fireplace fender and mirror are available by separate negotiation.
The central lights in the sitting room, hall and master bedroom are excluded as are the washer and dryer in the utility room, the curtains in the sitting room and the hall mirror.
Newington is a highly sought after residential area situated to the south of the city centre, served by excellent local amenities including a wide range of everyday and specialist shops, bars, restaurants and cafes. Leisure and recreational amenities are plentiful with the Royal Commonwealth Pool and the green open spaces of The Meadows, Arthur's Seat, Hermitage of Braid and Blackford Hill all located nearby. The area is also well suited for access to the Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh and the Edinburgh University campuses.
Within easy reach is Cameron Toll Shopping Centre, as well as a wide variety of shops at Straiton Retail Park. There is good road access to the city bypass with excellent connections to the central motorway network. There are also regular bus services running to and from the city centre.
23 Esslemont Road, Edinburgh, EH16 5PX
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Edinburgh Waverley Station2.0 miles
- Haymarket Station2.4 miles
- Brunstane Station2.9 miles
About the agent
Simpson & Marwick are leading residential property estate agents and solicitors in Edinburgh and East Lothian. We can help you buy and sell quality property from city centre apartments to rural family homes.
However what makes us different to other estate agents and solicitors is our unique approach to buying and selling residential property.
The Simpson & Marwick Way. We put you at the heart of everything we do so we can do our very best to achieve your
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference 178715. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Simpson & Marwick, Edinburgh. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the average speed from the provider with the fastest broadband package available on comparethemarket.com at this postcode. The average speed displayed is based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm). Fibre/cable services at the postcode are subject to availability and may differ between properties within a postcode. Speeds can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed at the property may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed and confirm availability to a property prior to purchasing on the broadband provider's website. Providers may increase charges. The information is provided and maintained by Stickee Technology Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.