Celandine Avenue, Newhaven, BN9
- Now launched - Book your viewing appointment today!
- A brand new collection of 2, 3 and 4 bedroom homes
- Open-plan lounge / dining room with bi-fold doors to the rear garden
- Contemporary kitchens with double oven, gas hob and extractor
- Detached home with 2 allocated parking spaces
- Newhaven offers a cityscape, countryside and coastline all within 30 minutes from August Fields
- Close to 'outstanding' and 'good' Ofsted rated schools
- Newhaven has essentials less than a 5 minute drive or a 20 minute walk from August Fields, with supermarkets Lidl and Sainsburys, and a high street with a post office, a pharmacy and a library
- 3 minute drive to Newhaven Town Train Station, and just 21 minutes by car to Brighton
The December is a 1,420 sq ft three bedroom detached house with open plan lounge/dining with bi-fold doors to rear garden, kitchen, storage, WC and master bedroom with en suite, two further bedrooms and a bathroom. The home also benefits from two allocated parking spaces and a garage.
August Fields by Guinness homes brings two, three and four bedroom homes to this great location, just outside of Newhaven town centre accessible via Brighton Road. A range of unique homes are available at this semi-rural development which backs onto open countryside, with every home featuring private parking and private gardens. A 20 minute walk or 3 minute drive to Newhaven Town station connects commuters with Brighton and London.
Where the River Ouse meets the English Channel, Newhaven came to life when the railway reached the port in 1847, creating the train-ferry to Dieppe, France. Used throughout both World Wars, it has hosted many from across the world. Newhaven Fort, once used to defend the militarised harbour, is now a museum open to the public with activities for adults and children. Keen historians and families with roots in Newhaven can be proud of their local history at the Newhaven Museum, run by volunteers.
Fort Hill overlooks the coast and Newhaven West Beach, with views of the long sandy stretch which is unique to the area and not seen again until Camber Sands around 42 miles to the east. Swim in the channel and brave the cold waters, or stay closer to home at neighbouring Peacehaven Golf Club during the good weather.
Newhaven has essentials less than a 5 minute drive or a 20 minute walk from August Fields, with supermarkets Lidl and Sainsburys, and a high street with a post office, a pharmacy and a library. In the centre of town you'll find Seahaven Swim & Fitness Centre, just a 5 minute walk from the station so there's time to workout before or after the commute. At The Drove Retail Park, DIY shops are on hand to help you add the finishing touches to your new home. Paradise Park is not only a garden centre but also has plenty to entertain children with a play zone and garden trails, a 4 minute drive from August Fields.
Admire West Quay's variety of boats from popular Italian cafe and restaurant, Luna Rossa Italian with authentic pasta, pizza and of course seafood. L'Isola Buona is an aladdin's cave of Italian produce hidden away on the Bridge Industrial Estate, and also offers fresh coffee and bites to eat. For pub lunches and a drink after work, there are several great pubs in town including The Hope Inn, The Ark, The Engineer and Flying Fish.
Take the brilliant opportunity to dive locally with Newhaven Scuba at their own Open Water Dive site, or start with the basics and build up to becoming certified. Experienced divers can even see shipwrecks from all eras in the channel. Stay above water with the Newhaven Gig Rowing Club on the River Ouse and enjoy a hard earned pub lunch in Lewes or get out to sea at the bay.
Local schools rated Good by Ofsted include neighbouring primary school Breakwater Academy, Harbour Primary and Nursery School and Denton Community Primary School and Nursery, as well as secondary school Seahaven Academy. Rated Outstanding by Ofsted are primary school High Cliff Academy and independent school Compass Community School South.
Travel times by car from August Fields
3 minutes to Newhaven Town Train Station
13 minutes to Lewes Train Station
14 minutes to Seven Sisters Country Park
18 minutes to Seaford Head Nature Reserve
21 minutes to Brighton
32 minutes to Eastbourne
Travel times by train from Newhaven Train Station
10 minutes to Lewes Train Station
29 minutes to Brighton
1 hour 44 minutes to London Bridge, via Lewes
About Guinness Homes
Guinness Homes is a brand name for the sale of homes owned by The Guinness Partnership Limited, Guinness Homes Limited, Guinness Developments Limited, Guinness Platform Limited, Guinness Housing Association Limited and Guinness Care and Support Limited.
The Guinness Partnership owns and manages over 66,000 homes across England, providing services for 140,000 customers and care services for 10,000 people.
Everything we do is about helping us to achieve our vision of improving people's lives by providing as many high-quality homes as possible. We reinvest our entire surplus into building more homes and improving services.
Buying a home from us is safe and secure, we have a strong history of 130 years.
The Guinness Partnership Ltd is proud to be one of the largest housing and care providers in the country.
Celandine Avenue, Newhaven, BN9
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Newhaven Harbour Station0.9 miles
- Newhaven Town Station0.9 miles
- Newhaven Marine Station1.0 miles
About the development
- A collection of 2, 3 and 4 bedroom homes
- Available through Help to Buy
- Shared Ownership homes will be released soon
- Just outside of Newhaven town centre
- Private parking and private gardens
- Contact Site Sales for more information
Operating in and around London, SiteSales Property Group provides a range of services to developers, housing associations, local authorities and registered charities. We have delivered successful outcomes on housing schemes ranging in size from 10 to over 1000 new homes.
SiteSales handle properties in some of London’s most sought after locations but also deal with a large number of significant entry level and affordable homes aimed at first time buyers. These par
Stamp Duty calculator
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference August_Fields_Plot_41_ORS_July_2021. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Site Sales. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the average speed from the provider with the fastest broadband package available on comparethemarket.com at this postcode. The average speed displayed is based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm). Fibre/cable services at the postcode are subject to availability and may differ between properties within a postcode. Speeds can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed at the property may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed and confirm availability to a property prior to purchasing on the broadband provider's website. Providers may increase charges. The information is provided and maintained by Stickee Technology Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.