21 Maitland Avenue, Musselburgh, East Lothian
* Wonderful family sized semi-detached bungalow in this sought-after residential area, within walking distance of many amenities and the harbour
* Private, walled and gated garden grounds to the front, side and the rear
* Entrance vestibule leading to the hallway providing access to all rooms on the ground level and with two storage cupboards fitted under the staircase
* Living room & dining room to the left flank of the building with French doors opening out to the expansive rear gardens
* Dining sized kitchen with a selection of modern wall & base units and stylish worktop incl. a selection of integrated appliances
* Utility room to the rear which also provides access to the rear garden
* Currently set up with two double bedrooms to the front however, the property offers flexibility so either could be used as an additional reception room
* Family bathroom with slick four-piece suite
* Short wraparound staircase off the hallway, providing access to the upper landing
* Further double bedroom with fantastic views across the rear and with its own walk-in dressing room
* Lengthy study / office with large cupboard off
* Gas central heating with Hive control
* Double glazing
* Driveway for off-street parking and there is also unrestricted on street parking if required for guests
21 Maitland Avenue is an expansive semi-detached bungalow presented to a very high standard throughout. Ideal for those making a sideways move, upsizing for extra space to accommodate home working and / or as a family home or; for someone looking to downsize as well but looking to retain space.This residential location is ideally positioned for easy access to many of the amenities that Musselburgh has to offer.
A private front garden, which is mainly chip stone laid with a flower / shrubbery bed in the centre and with a driveway to the side. There is also a pathway to the side, which also has a gate out to the side vennel leading from Maitland Avenue down to Edinburgh Road.
The main door opens up to the bright vestibule, leading into the hallway which in turn grants access to all rooms on this level. There are two storage cupboards off the hallway, which sit neatly under the staircase. The spacious reception room is clearly divided and set up as a spacious dining room which comfortable caters to a table of up to 8 (possibly more). The living room to the rear, with skylight and two large windows affording the room plenty of natural light and French windowed doors opening out to the rear gardens. An ideal space to unwind at the end of a day or for entertaining.
The fully fitted, dining sized, modern kitchen with its slick and stylish presentation. There is ample storage in the form of many wall & base units with white gloss fronts and a hard-wearing worktop. A selection of integrated appliances within incl. a 5-burner gas hob, oven, fridge / freezer, microwave, washing machine and dish washer. There is a utility room to the very rear with space and electricity point for a tumble dryer and also, there is storage presses and the rear door for the property.
Two double bedrooms to the front. The generously sized master bedroom with bay window, looking out to the front and with fitted wardrobe units surrounding the bed along with fitted drawers and dressing table. The second bedroom is also front facing and easily doubles as an additional reception room offering the
purchasing party flexibility.
A large family bathroom with four-piece suite with double sized walk-in shower unit, bath with mixer handheld shower fitting, sink basin and toilet.
A short wraparound staircase leads to the upstairs landing. The double bedroom on this level has a fantastic vista overlooking the rear gardens. This room also has its own walk-in dressing room. Also on this level, there is a lengthy study / office with a skylight to afford this room plenty of light and it also has its own large cupboard off. You can also access the attic space and eaves which provide additional storage if required.
The property has full gas central heating within with Hive control system in place and also, double glazing throughout. The expansive rear garden is a huge feature for any purchaser. A small patio section directly to the rear of the property (where you will also find the external water tap) and mainly laid to lawn
within the main body of the garden with a selection of shrubberies and flower beds to the sides. At the bottom of the garden, there is a summer house with full electricity. Perfect for winding away an evening with a glass of wine around the
firepit out front (with gravel surround). There is also a large storage shed and neatly tucked away behind this is the
Historic Musselburgh, on the Golf Coast of East Lothian, is situated on the southern shore of the Firth of Forth, six miles east of Edinburgh's city centre and consequently within easy commuting distance. Thriving, with a wide range of shops, several supermarkets, including a large Lidl, Aldi and Iceland Foods all within easy walking distance from the property plus the Tesco a short drive away, and a choice of banks and many other amenities, it is well known for its Racecourse and The Old Golf Course, recognized as the oldest golf course in the world. The quality and beauty of the East Lothian countryside is renowned and is ideal for walking and exploring.
Leisure is well catered for and the facilities are varied. The Harbour Café, The Ship Inn, Ravelston House are all minutes' walk from the property for those looking to eat out and/or enjoy a few drinks. There are also a selection of café's, bistros and bars further along North High Street. Further you will find the River Esk, the historic racecourse, a choice of golf courses (including The Old Course), theatre, sailing, swimming pool/sports centre and a modern private gymnasium. Wallyford Primary School, Musselburgh Grammar School and Preston Lodge High School are nearby as is Loretto School; Queen Margaret University is also close. There are both frequent bus and train services to Edinburgh and the A1 provides access to the City Bypass, major motorway connections and Edinburgh International Airport.
Council Tax: G
21 Maitland Avenue, Musselburgh, East Lothian
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Musselburgh Station0.7 miles
- Newcraighall Station1.1 miles
- Brunstane Station1.2 miles
About the agent
Ballantynes Property Group has a particular emphasis on providing residential estate agency and property management solutions to private clients and the development community.
In addition the firm provides Property & Estate Management Services, Planning & Development Advice, Sales, Purchases and Valuations of Commercial, Industrial and Rural Property and Fully Managed Property Lettings.
From our two offices, one in Edinburgh's West End and the other in
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference RS1149. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Ballantynes, Edinburgh. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the average speed from the provider with the fastest broadband package available on comparethemarket.com at this postcode. The average speed displayed is based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm). Fibre/cable services at the postcode are subject to availability and may differ between properties within a postcode. Speeds can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed at the property may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed and confirm availability to a property prior to purchasing on the broadband provider's website. Providers may increase charges. The information is provided and maintained by Stickee Technology Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.