Wickens Corner, Beenham, Reading
- Idyllic semi-rural location
- Excellent four bedroom family home
- Delightful garden with Breeze House, leading to paddocks, field and mature woodland
Tenure: Please confirm if this is a freehold or leasehold property with Strutt & Parker
The ground floor also offers a study, providing a space for home-workers, as well as a cloakroom and utility room.
On the first floor there are four bedrooms with the principal room having an en suite bathroom with separate shower and fitted wardrobes. The family bathroom is also at this level and has a bath and shower.
Beenham is a delightful village which benefits from its own church, pub and primary school. The adjacent village of Bradfield Southend provides a further primary school, village store & post office, and gastro pub, The Queens Head. Theale is about 4 miles away and provides a further range of facilities including a fast commuter train to London, Paddington. Reading and Newbury are also close by and offer a comprehensive range of amenities including shops, restaurants and theatres. The property also benefits from good road links having easy access to the M4. There is an excellent selection of well-regarded schools in the area, including Bucklebury Primary School, Downe House, Elstree School, Pangbourne and Bradfield Colleges respectively, and Cedars School.
The property is afforded privacy from the road by evergreen hedging and mature trees, with a lane leading to the gravelled driveway of the house and adjacent double garage. Paved terracing to the rear, with a sunny southeasterly aspect provides opportunities for outdoor dining and relaxation, with a paved pathway leading to a Breeze House that seats 12. The garden is laid to lawn, interspersed with trees, and there are borders planted with shrubs and perennials. From the garden the remainder of the land can be found. These briefly comprise;
A gravel driveway extends from the side of the house giving access via a metal gate to the two loose boxes with hay store and sand manège, set within a large paddock measuring approximately 3.38 acres.
Lying south-west and adjacent to Paddock 1, approximately 1.49 acres.
Approximately 5.66 acres of mature woodland and a wonderful haven for wildlife.
Land at Beenham Hill
Measures about 7.27 acres with mains water supplied and direct, gated access to the village road, small pond.
Wickens Corner, Beenham, Reading
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Aldermaston Station1.1 miles
- Midgham Station1.9 miles
- Theale Station3.4 miles
About the agent
Stamp Duty calculator
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference PNG210091. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Strutt & Parker, Pangbourne. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the average speed from the provider with the fastest broadband package available on comparethemarket.com at this postcode. The average speed displayed is based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm). Fibre/cable services at the postcode are subject to availability and may differ between properties within a postcode. Speeds can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed at the property may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed and confirm availability to a property prior to purchasing on the broadband provider's website. Providers may increase charges. The information is provided and maintained by Stickee Technology Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.