Westbury Lane, Purley on Thames, Reading
- Wonderfully presented, spacious family house
- Outstanding kitchen/breakfast room
- Delightful garden
- Popular village
- Near local amenities
Tenure: Please confirm if this is a freehold or leasehold property with Strutt & Parker
To the rear there is a spacious kitchen/breakfast room that opens into a dining room and a separate fitted utility room with a door to the ear terrace. The kitchen provides a range of wall and base units including a large central island with breakfast bar, wooden worktops, a range cooker and French doors to the rear terrace.
On the first floor the property offers a spacious principal bedroom with built-in storage and a contemporary en suite shower room, two further generous double bedrooms, both with built-in storage, and a spacious family bathroom.
The property is situated in the tranquil riverside village of Purley on Thames which lies on the river’s long-distance Thames Path Natural Trail between Pangbourne and Reading among countryside renowned for its walks and rides, bounded to the south and west by the North Wessex Downs Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty and to the north by the Chilterns Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. The Thameside village of Pangbourne provides an excellent range of local shops and services, including an award-winning butcher and specialist cheese shop and delicatessen. There is also a main line rail link to London Paddington within the hour.
The more comprehensive amenities of Reading are approximately 5 miles away, including a 25-minute direct train service to London Paddington. The area offers a wide range of state schooling including Purley C of E Primary School in the village and Denefield School together with a good selection of noted independent schools including Pangbourne College, The Oratory, St. Andrew’s, St. Edward’s Prep, Hemdean House
and Bradfield College.
The property is approached over a smart block-paved driveway providing private parking for multiple vehicles and giving access to the integral garage, currently used as a gym.
The well-maintained garden to front and rear features area of well-maintained lawn bordered by well-stocked flower and shrub beds and to the rear features a large L-shaped paved terrace, ideal for entertaining and al fresco dining.
Westbury Lane, Purley on Thames, Reading
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Pangbourne Station1.4 miles
- Tilehurst Station1.4 miles
- Theale Station3.5 miles
About the agent
Stamp Duty calculator
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference PNG210083. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Strutt & Parker, Pangbourne. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the average speed from the provider with the fastest broadband package available on comparethemarket.com at this postcode. The average speed displayed is based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm). Fibre/cable services at the postcode are subject to availability and may differ between properties within a postcode. Speeds can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed at the property may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed and confirm availability to a property prior to purchasing on the broadband provider's website. Providers may increase charges. The information is provided and maintained by Stickee Technology Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.