Pilmuir Holding, Newton Mearns, Glasgow, G77
- ** SOLD AT CLOSING DATE ** A detached country house set in approximately 7 acres surrounded by open countryside.
- A wonderful family home extending to approximately 2960 square feet or thereby
- Wonderful private setting with views towards East Renfrewshire Golf Course and adjacent countryside
- Spacious and flexible accommodation with 4 bedrooms plus study
- Suitable for equestrian use with agricultural barn, stables and riding arena
Pilmuir Holdings is a wonderful, detached country residence that delivers all the qualities of a modern family home, set on the fringes of the Newton Mearns countryside. The property is a mere 5 minute commuting distance to Mearns Cross and therefore provides access to all local amenities including high achieving schooling.
The front cottage look of the property belies the extremely spacious and highly flexible accommodation that extends to approximately 2960 square feet or thereby. The property has an oil fired central heating system with updated boiler, private water, septic tank and internally the house delivers exceptional family accommodation with modern finishes.
Large double glazed entrance porch gives access into a great sized reception hallway with cloaks/WC, lovely sized dual aspect lounge with beautiful focal point limestone fireplace, formal dining room/ideal home office, superb sized dining/kitchen/family area with multiple windows and French doors giving access to decking and gardens, large utility/laundry room and the ground floor is completed by the principal bedroom with a walk-in dressing room and en-suite bathroom. The upper accommodation is particularly spacious with large landing area with access to three double sized bedrooms, main family bathroom and there is an additional study room and shower room.
Pilmuir Holdings also has the unique advantage of being a possible equestrian property or for other purposes and is set within beautiful rolling countryside on the outskirts of Newton Mearns. There is a large detached agricultural barn with steel portal frame, box profile roof and sides with block walls and concrete floor and is accessed via a separate Tarmacadam gated driveway. The barn has power, light and water supply and contains five stables, tack room, utility room and WC. The land extends to approximately 7 acres of ground, of which 6.5 acres are grazing and enclosed by stock proof fencing. The land is all adjacent and is registered as an agricultural holding with a farm code of 723/0021. The majority of fields have either a natural or mains water supply.
There is a floodlit arena with woodchip base and large area of hard standing.
Newton Mearns is one of the most sought-after suburbs within the south side of Glasgow. The property is superbly placed for a wide range of amenities and indeed nationally recognised schooling. The property is a short distance away from excellent shopping at The Avenue at Mearns Cross and Greenlaw Village. There are an abundance of sports and recreational facilities found within the district which include excellent golf courses, parks, tennis clubs and there are a variety of country pursuits found nearby at Hazeldene. Local train stations include Patterton Station and Whitecraigs Station.
EER Band D.
BrochuresBrochure 1Home Report
Pilmuir Holding, Newton Mearns, Glasgow, G77
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Patterton Station2.2 miles
- Neilston Station2.8 miles
- Whitecraigs Station2.8 miles
About the agent
Once, estate agents were estate agents. Nowadays, they're often lawyers, mortgage brokers and letting agents too - but not at Corum. We work exclusively in estate agency, meaning we devote 100% of our time doing what our customers want: securing the best price for their property.
The agency's original founding partners worked together at one of the largest estate agencies in the country, until a company takeover led to a wholesale focus on Financial
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference 21148542. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Corum, Newton Mearns. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the average speed from the provider with the fastest broadband package available on comparethemarket.com at this postcode. The average speed displayed is based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm). Fibre/cable services at the postcode are subject to availability and may differ between properties within a postcode. Speeds can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed at the property may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed and confirm availability to a property prior to purchasing on the broadband provider's website. Providers may increase charges. The information is provided and maintained by Stickee Technology Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.