Powder Mills, Leigh, Tonbridge
- Two circular former oast kilns
- Annexe above garage
- Tonbridge & Hildenborough stations offer connections to London
- 2.5 acres of pasture (approx)
- Sought-after village of Leigh
Bespoke curved stairs rise from the reception hall to the first floor which provides a large dual aspect principal bedroom with vaulted ceiling and modern en suite shower room, two double-height circular bedrooms converted from the former oasts and a double-height fitted dressing room, all with steps rising to mezzanine levels over and the latter suitable for use as an additional bedroom if required, together with a modern family bathroom with feature curved wall and corner bath.
Located within picturesque Kent countryside, the sought-after village of Leigh has an active village community and a good range of day-to-day amenities arranged around a village green including a village store, Post Office, hairdresser, church, public house, popular primary school and cricket and tennis clubs. The nearby market town of Tonbridge offers a wide range of both independent and larger stores, together with public houses, restaurants, indoor and outdoor swimming pools, sporting clubs and a leisure centre. The area is ideal for the keen golfer with Nizels Golf Club in Hildenborough and Wildernesse and Knole in Sevenoaks. Tonbridge and Hildenborough train stations offer excellent and speedy connections to London while the property also enjoys excellent links to the motorway network via the A21 and M25.
The area offers a good range of state schooling including Leigh Primary School in the village and The Hayesbrook School together with grammar schools in Tonbridge and a selection of noted independent schools including Hilden Grange, Sackville, Hilden Oaks, Tonbridge, Fosse Bank, The Schools at Somerhill and Rose Hill.
The property is approached through twin electric wooden gates over a block-paved rear driveway offering turning and parking space for multiple vehicles and giving access to a detached triple garage with external steps rising to a useful first floor over. The property also benefits from an additional side entrance with double wooden gates. The well-maintained garden is laid mainly to level lawn bordered by well-stocked cottage-style planting and features a summer room with useful adjoining store, a large greenhouse and numerous seating areas and decked and paved terraces, all ideal for entertaining and al fresco dining, together with a five-bar gate leading to the property’s 2.5 acres of pasture (approx), the whole screened by mature trees.
Powder Mills, Leigh, Tonbridge
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Tonbridge Station1.2 miles
- Hildenborough Station1.3 miles
- Leigh Station1.6 miles
About the agent
Stamp Duty calculator
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference SVN210060. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Strutt & Parker, Sevenoaks. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the average speed from the provider with the fastest broadband package available on comparethemarket.com at this postcode. The average speed displayed is based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm). Fibre/cable services at the postcode are subject to availability and may differ between properties within a postcode. Speeds can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed at the property may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed and confirm availability to a property prior to purchasing on the broadband provider's website. Providers may increase charges. The information is provided and maintained by Stickee Technology Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.