Walker Drive, Faringdon
- Open plan lounge/kitchen/diner
- Available immediately
- Double bedroom
- Top floor apartment
- Close to local amenities
This modern home is available to buy from as little as £56,000 with a 40% share!
A lovely and spacious top floor apartment, situated within easy reach of local amenities and being offered for sale with no onward chain. The accommodation includes: open plan lounge/kitchen/diner, a double bedroom, bathroom, storage, allocated parking and communal gardens.
The historic market town of Faringdon, which dates back to the 12th Century, is located almost equidistant of Swindon and Oxford on the A420 which leads to the A34, M40 and M4. Mainline railway services to London run from Swindon, Oxford City, Oxford Parkway and Didcot Parkway. The town is served by the Stagecoach S6 bus which runs a regular ½ hourly service through much of the day to Swindon and Oxford and the villages en route.
The town itself has a thriving community and amenities such as the leisure centre, library, independent traders, doctors’ surgery, two primary schools, and a secondary school. A recent retail development includes a Waitrose and an Aldi supermarket, with further retail planned, in addition to the existing Tesco store.
PRICING & AFFORDABILITY
Approximate Size 45 sq m
Full Market Value: £140,000
40% Share Price: £56,000 (rent £192.50pcm)
50% Share Price: £70,000 (rent £160.42pcm)
75% Share Price: £105,000 (rent £80.21pcm)
Minimum 5% Mortgage Deposit (40% share): £2,800
Approximate Service Charges: £68.97 pcm*
Lease term: The apartment will be sold with a renewed 125 year lease.
The Shared Ownership scheme is a Part Buy, Part Rent way of owning your own home for a smaller up front payment. With Shared Ownership, you buy a share of your home using a mortgage from a bank or building society and pay a subsidised rent on the share you did not purchase. The combined mortgage and rent is usually less than you’d expect to pay if you bought a similar property outright.
At Walker Drive you can buy a minimum 40% share of your home (the maximum you can buy initially is 75%). When you’re ready, you can buy more shares until you staircase to owning 100% of your home.
To be eligible for this shared ownership home you would need to meet the following criteria:
• Your annual household income does not exceed £80,000
• You have a deposit of at least 5% of the share value
• You do not own another property or have your name on the deeds or a mortgage for a property worldwide.
• This will be your only residence.
• You are a permanent UK resident or have indefinite right to remain.
Please note the minimum share you can purchase can vary depending on your financial situation and you may be asked to purchase a larger share, should your personal circumstances permit.
*Service charges are estimated and may subject to change.
** These photos are for information purposes only have been digitally furnished to represent how the home could be laid out; the final colours/appearance/specification may differ from the images. Furniture is not included in the purchase price and the property is ‘sold as seen’.
Walker Drive, Faringdon
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Swindon Station10.7 miles
About the agent
We're open for business!
Our offices are now open, however the safety of our clients and colleagues is of paramount importance to us, so we are following strict social distancing guidelines and where possible we will be continuing with virtual viewings. Get in touch to book your virtual viewings!Welcome to Romans Shared Ownership
Romans is one of the industry's most respected and successful sales & letting estate agents, boasting more than 30 years of experience
Stamp Duty calculator
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference SDO210544. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Romans, Romans Shared Ownership. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the average speed from the provider with the fastest broadband package available on comparethemarket.com at this postcode. The average speed displayed is based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm). Fibre/cable services at the postcode are subject to availability and may differ between properties within a postcode. Speeds can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed at the property may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed and confirm availability to a property prior to purchasing on the broadband provider's website. Providers may increase charges. The information is provided and maintained by Stickee Technology Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.