Rugby, Warwickshire, CV22
Restaurant for sale
Please quote reference B06391
Hilton Smythe is delighted to present to the market The Huntsman Carvery, a highly renowned restaurant offering a traditional English carvery cooked to the highest standard.
The well-established restaurant opportunity was opened by our client over 35 years ago and is now being offered for sale due to ill health.
The ‘turn-key’ business currently only opens at weekends with constant bookings of over 300 over the two days as well as a healthy takeaway trade of around 100 meals.
Our client only added the takeaway option due to the forced closed period through the COVID pandemic however they have decided to keep the option since reopening the restaurant.
The Huntsman Carvery offers a set 3 course menu with a choice of 7 starters, 3 meats and 4 desserts. The main event includes Roast Rib of Beef, Roast Turkey or Roast Gammon sourced from a local award-winning butcher established in 1922.
All the main courses come with a choice of yorkshire puddings, sage & onion stuffing, hand-made sausages, roast potatoes, mashed potato, two vegetable sides and gravy.
One of the key reasons the business model works so well is that every booking is made prior to visiting the restaurant with a £5 non-refundable booking deposit. This enables the kitchen to pre order the correct level of ingredients and the owner to rota the correct number of staffing to allow a smooth service.
Our client admits they run the restaurant to suit, and any new owner will have the ability to not only extend the current opening hours but to add an outside catering side which would easily increase the current turnover levels.
Key selling points -
- Highly respected restaurant model
- Over 500 Google reviews with 4.7/5 current score
- Facebook page - 2,987 followers
- Instagram page - 686 followers
- TripAdvisor - 649 reviews with rating of 4.5/5
- New lease term to be offered
- High level of equipment throughout
- Experienced team in place
- Increasing demand for takeaway
- First floor storage/owners accommodation
External Yard -
Zanotti cold room h6’ x w 6’ x d4’
Crypto peerless potato peeler
Outdoor shed (plastic) h4’x d2.5’ x 5’w x 2
Outdoor shed (plastic) 6’h x 4.5’w x 2.5’d
Electronic scales - TCS
- Blue seal turbo fan oven D3, E31 (3 off), E32 max, E32
- Buffalo heavy duty mixer GL31
- Internal cold room 7’h x 7’d x 6’w
- Chest freezer with stainless steel top 4’w
- Alto shaam oven (2 off)
- TK2 food mincer
- Microwaves x 2
- Robocop blender MP450 ultra
- Hat on gravy warmer
- Sharpenset knife grinder
- 7’ starters bar - refrigerated
- Bar aid dishwasher
- Worcester Bosch hot water heater
- Lincat 3KW fryer (2 off)
- Smokaroma pressure smoker (2 off)
- Moffat plate warmer
- Blue seal solid top range
- Imperial 10 ring burner
- 3 KW electric griddle
- Midland catering carvery unit 11’w x 3’d x 3’h
- LGC7KW AC unit
- Large stainless-steel shelves (7 off)
- Smaller stainless-steel shelves (11 off)
- Stainless steel dresser (2 off)
- Stainless steel tables (2 off)
- Steel shelving units - 1 x 5 shelf, 1 x 3 shelf
- Utensils, cutlery, hanging bars, saucepans, plates, dishes, glasses etc.
- Parry bread warmer
- Fridge freezer 3’h x 2’ x 2’
- Lincat hot water boiler
- Buffalo pour over coffee machine
- Domestic type refrigerator (2 off)
- Maidaid Halcyon glass washer
- Carpigiani cream machine
- Excel100 Gel-magic ice cream machine
- Vest frost glass fronted refrigerator 6’h x 2’ x 2’
- Sliding door bottle cooler 4.5’w x 3’h x 2’d
- Tefcold wine refrigerator 6’h x 2’ x 2’ (2 off)
- Delonghi bean to cup coffee machine
- ICR touch POS system
- Acme water softener
- LG neo plasma AC
- Mitsubishi inverter AC 3KW
- Fujitsu AC
- Midea AC
- Top area AC
- LG AC
- Ancor AC 3 KW
- Restaurant sound system -QD4240
- 35 tables
- 140 chairs
- 6 high chairs
- Smaller dressers (2 off)
- Large dresser
- Upright freezer
- Chest freezer 5’ wide (3 off)
- Smaller upright freezer 3’h (3 off)
- Microwaves (3 off)
- Lighted gantry unit
- Washing machine (2 off)
- Tumble driers (3 off)
- Heated carvery
The Huntsman Carvery is located in the centre of the historic village of Dunchurch.
Dunchurch is a large village, located on the south-western outskirts of Rugby in Warwickshire, the centre of Rugby is just 2.5 miles.
The business is surrounded by a selection of complementary businesses including public houses, florist, hair salon, estate agents as well as other restaurants/takeaways.
The Huntsman Carvery is a destination business attracting people from outside the area.
Dunchurch is accessed just off the A426 and M45 motorway.
The business benefits from free customer parking directly outside.
Ground floor -
- 98 cover traditional dining area
- Bar servery
- Carvery service area
- Storage/preparation area
- Customer toilets
- Management office
- Staff room/changing facilities
- Laundry room
- Storage area
We are advised the business is being sold on a Leasehold basis with a new Lease to be granted to a new owner. The rent is £2,583 per month with business rates payable at £15,474 per annum.
The business trading hours are as followed:
Friday - 18:00 - 20:30pm
Saturday - 17:00pm - 20:00pm
Sunday - 12:00pm - 19:00pm
The business is run and managed by 1 full time and 4 part time staff members.
This business generates an impressive turnover of £9,000 per week trading 3 days per week totalling 12.5 hours (due to ill health). Further financial information can be made available upon request.
Please quote reference B06391
Rugby, Warwickshire, CV22
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Rugby Station3.4 miles
At Hilton Smythe, we sell businesses. For those looking to buy or sell in the UK, we act as a bridge between buyer and seller. We pride ourselves on making the business sales experience more transparent, fair and enjoyable for buyers and sellers alike.
We market businesses using multiple market leading platforms and channels all with the aim of achieving the best price and outcome for our clients.
We’re a young, fresh and driven group of people with the knowledge and experience ne
Disclaimer - Property reference B06391. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Hilton Smythe, Bolton. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.