Sherston, Malmesbury, Wiltshire, SN16
- Beautiful period house, within a stunning village
- Four good size bedrooms
- Luxurious master suite on the top floor
- Contemporary family bathroom with bath and double shower
- Space for an office or teenage den
- Downstairs cloakroom and vaulted cellar
- Large kitchen-diner-family room
- Gorgeous sitting room with deep window seats and a wood burning stove
- Tiered garden with plenty of space
- No Onward Chain
We moved to Sherston 17 years ago when a schools Ofsted report was the driving factor. Both of my children went to the village primary school, benefitting from a superb (and convenient) education, and latterly to Malmesbury Secondary School, commutable from the village by school bus.
We have enjoyed the park, the tennis courts and the football pitches all situated within the village boundary. We have loved cycling in the country lanes and dog walking within the Badminton estate, Westonbirt and along the myriad of public footpaths accessible from our front door.
The Rattlebone Inn which serves excellent food in a very welcoming setting, the wine shop, the farm shop for our fresh meat and veggies and now the excellent Indian restaurant which also delivers.
There is a welcoming community spirit with the annual boules competition and duck race on the river at the bottom of the hill. We love that we are 25 minutes drive from the shopping centres of Bath and Cirencester and commutable to Bristol.
A beautiful period house in the delightful village of Sherston, which has been modernised and extended to create a loving family home.
Entrance into a hallway with plenty of room for coats and shoes, stairs rising to the first floor and a downstairs cloakroom, deep limestone travertine flagstones are both practical and beautiful. The dual aspect sitting room is light and airy with window seats, beautiful cornicing and a large fireplace with a wood burning stove. The kitchen was extended relatively recently and now provides a fantastic space for all the family with plenty of room for cooking, eating and chatting. There are integrated appliances and plenty of storage, velux windows allow light to flood the room and a barn door leads to the outside, whilst the underfloor heating warms your toes.
There is a cellar under the front room, accessed from the front path, however this could be opened up from within the house if required.
This is a dry space with a vaulted ceiling.
On the first floor there are two double bedrooms and a single bedroom, and a large family bathroom with a contemporary bath and separate double shower, A snug on this floor can be used as a teenage den, home office or extra storage and from here there is a door to the second floor with a master bedroom tranquilly set amongst the beams and eaves with an en-suite shower room and a dressing room.
The garden is accessed from the kitchen with a lawned area and a weatherproof spiral staircase leads to the up tiered garden which again is mainly laid to lawn with a decked area to catch the best of the sun and the far-reaching views across fields. The garden is larger than expected and not overlooked. There is an informal parking arrangement on the road opposite the house.
Sherston, Malmesbury, Wiltshire, SN16
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Chippenham Station8.6 miles
About the agent
We are a leading firm of independent estate agents helping people on the move in Gloucestershire, Oxfordshire and Wiltshire - selling and letting modern and period homes throughout the region's most sought-after towns and villages. With offices in Tetbury, Cirencester, Cheltenham, Faringdon, Stroud, and Nailsworth, our clients enjoy extensive marketing across our branch network coupled with award winning customer service.
We also have a London office, ensuring your property reach
Stamp Duty calculator
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference TET210013. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Perry Bishop, Tetbury. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the average speed from the provider with the fastest broadband package available on comparethemarket.com at this postcode. The average speed displayed is based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm). Fibre/cable services at the postcode are subject to availability and may differ between properties within a postcode. Speeds can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed at the property may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed and confirm availability to a property prior to purchasing on the broadband provider's website. Providers may increase charges. The information is provided and maintained by Stickee Technology Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.