Brandy Carr Road, Kirkhamgate, Wakefield
- Unique and inviting bright and airy detached family home
- Set amongst an abundance of wildlife with stunning rural views
- Well presented throughout - Huge potential to put ones own mark on internally or externally (STPP)
- A rare opportunity to acquire an individual home
- The main house dating back to the 18th Century
A unique and attractive Detached Family Home located on Brandy Carr Road, away from the roadside in a backwater lane position. Stunning views over farmland but excellent access to the motorway network links and close by to good schools including Silcoates, QEGS and Wakefield Girls High.
A fantastic opportunity to acquire an excellent Detached Family Home which is unique and inviting and has not been marketed for 50 years. The main part of the house dates back to 18th Century. Set within farmland with beautiful rural views. A delight to the eye. offering a high degree of privacy and a perfect refuge from busy life. Many rural walks with an abundance of wildlife. Having excellent amenities on the doorstep to include access to the motorway network links and yet is within 2 miles of Wakefield city centre. Excellent schools in the vicinity to include private schools, Silcoates, QEGS and Wakefield Girls High. The property has good sized windows and offers an abundance of natural light and rural views. Briefly comprises an entrance porch into the entrance hallway, utility room, dining kitchen, 3 reception rooms, 4 excellent size bedrooms, master with an en-suite, separate family bathroom. The rooms of generous proportions, original beams, good ceiling height, two with vaulted ceilings. Double Garage with huge potential to convert. The outside has a terrace landscaped garden with three lawns and a huge variety of established trees, shrubs and cottage garden. A small easily managed fruit garden is found to one side. The whole gardens are enclosed by a dry stone walling and laurel hedging in keeping with its surrounding. The terraces are in Yorkshire stone taking advantage of both morning and evening sun and there is generous ample parking to the rear of the cottage.
Solid wood front entrance door with glazed size panels which leads into the welcoming entrance hallway.
Spacious entrance hallway. Window to the front overlooking the gardens and rural views. Room for seating/reading area. Carndean flooring in neutral shades with beading. Radiator, central ceiling light fitting.
Obscured glazed window to the front aspect. Two piece suite comprising of a low level flush w.c. and a corner wash basin with mixer tap. and gloss vanity unit beneath. Carndean flooring. Radiator with thermostat. Loft access.
Utility Room/boot Room 7' 8" x 7' 1" ( 2.34m x 2.16m )
Window to the front aspect. Solid wood work surface, plumbing for a sink. Plumbing for an automatic washing machine, shelving. Space for other utilities. Vinyl flooring. Worcester Bosch boiler housed here.
Dining Kitchen 14' 10" max x 13' 10" max ( 4.52m max x 4.22m max )
Modern and contemporary in keeping with the style of the property. Rural views to the front aspect. Bright and airy. Velux window creates a good deal of natural light, spotlights and downlights. The kitchen is finished in a light grey with Corian work surface over with upstand, partly tiled walls, integrated stainless steel sink with mixer tap, integrated drainer within the Corian, integrated dishwasher. Bosch four ring gas hob, double oven and grill. Spice rack shelving. Space for other utilities space for a fridge freezer. Switches and electric sockets in a chrome finish. Amtico flooring. Terracotta tiled wine holders to one wall.
Morning Room 14' 9" x 13' 3" max ( 4.50m x 4.04m max )
Patio doors overlooking the rear of the property and two further windows, one to the front and one to the side. Featured beams, central ceiling light point, wall lights. Two radiators, open fireplace a real feature of this room with a stone base and a brick surround and a stone lintel.
Sitting Room 17' 6" x 14' 9" ( 5.33m x 4.50m )
Windows overlooking the rear with fabulous rural views creating a bright and airy room and a good deal of natural light. French doors leading to the patio terrace. Feature beams to the ceiling, wall lights, open fireplace with a solid stone base. Radiator, tv point. Wooden door with glazing leading into the morning room.
Dining Room 15' x 13' 5" ( 4.57m x 4.09m )
Windows to the rear aspect. Double convector style radiator. Feature beams, wall lights, understairs storage cupboard. Staircase access to the first floor. Solid door to access the side of the property. Step up into the study.
Study Room 20' 8" x 9' 4" ( 6.30m x 2.84m )
Dual aspect windows, one to the front and one to the rear. Two convector style radiators. Wall lights, central ceiling suspended lights, downlights above the built-in book shelves.
First Floor Landing
Staircase access to the first floor from the dining room. Built-in storage cupboard. Loft access. Two windows to the front aspect. Access to all first floor rooms.
Bedroom 1 15' 2" max x 15' max ( 4.62m max x 4.57m max )
Window to the rear and window to the side aspect. Built-in walk-in storage cupboard. Radiator, central ceiling light point. Loft access. Access to the en-suite.
Velux style window. A three piece suite comprising of a shower cubicle and shower over, wash basin with mixer tap, w.c. Fully tiled walls, radiator, extractor fan, shaver point, wall lights, light over the wall mirror, cupboard space.
Bedroom 2 14' 10" x 10' 9" ( 4.52m x 3.28m )
Two windows. Radiator, central ceiling light fitting, walk-in wardrobe space.
Bedroom 3 14' 9" x 10' max ( 4.50m x 3.05m max )
Three windows. Radiator with thermostat, central ceiling light point.
Bedroom 4 14' 11" x 7' 4" ( 4.55m x 2.24m )
Window to the front aspect. Radiator, loft access, central ceiling light point.
Window to the front aspect. Four piece suite comprising of a corner bath with mixer tap, corner shower cubicle with seat and a telephone style shower attachment and sliding doors, pedestal wash basin with mixer tap, low level flush w.c. Chrome style towel/ladder radiator.
The property is fully alarmed. Farmhouse style gate leads to the generous off road parking which leads to a double garage. Terrace landscaped garden with three lawns and a huge variety of established trees, shrubs and cottage garden. A small easily managed fruit garden is found to one side. Outside lighting and water tap. The whole gardens are enclosed by a dry stone walling and laurel hedging in keeping with its surrounding. The terraces are in Yorkshire stone taking advantage of both morning and evening sun and there is generous ample parking to the rear of the cottage.
Double Garage 21' 2" x 19' 10" ( 6.45m x 6.05m )
The double garage has two electric doors. Workshop area, space in the rafters and eaves. Windows overlooking the gardens. Huge potential to extend further (STPP).
Leave William H Brown via Northgate. Drive 0.2 miles at the roundabout take the 1st exit to stay on Northgate. Continue onto Link Road. Drive 1.5 miles turn left. Turn right onto Bradford Road. Turn left onto Brandy Carr Road.
1. MONEY LAUNDERING REGULATIONS: Intending purchasers will be asked to produce identification documentation at a later stage and we would ask for your co-operation in order that there will be no delay in agreeing the sale.
2. General: While we endeavour to make our sales particulars fair, accurate and reliable, they are only a general guide to the property and, accordingly, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact the office and we will be pleased to check the position for you, especially if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. The measurements indicated are supplied for guidance only and as such must be considered incorrect.
4. Services: Please note we have not tested the services or any of the equipment or appliances in this property, accordingly we strongly advise prospective buyers to commission their own survey or service reports before finalising their offer to purchase.
5. THESE PARTICULARS ARE ISSUED IN GOOD FAITH BUT DO NOT CONSTITUTE REPRESENTATIONS OF FACT OR FORM PART OF ANY OFFER OR CONTRACT. THE MATTERS REFERRED TO IN THESE PARTICULARS SHOULD BE INDEPENDENTLY VERIFIED BY PROSPECTIVE BUYERS OR TENANTS. NEITHER SEQUENCE (UK) LIMITED NOR ANY OF ITS EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS HAS ANY AUTHORITY TO MAKE OR GIVE ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY WHATEVER IN RELATION TO THIS PROPERTY.
BrochuresPDF Property ParticularsFull Details
Brandy Carr Road, Kirkhamgate, Wakefield
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Outwood Station1.5 miles
- Wakefield Westgate Station2.2 miles
- Wakefield Kirkgate Station2.9 miles
About the agent
Choose your local Wakefield William H Brown office…
We’re a long-established estate agency brand; in fact William H Brown has been trading since 1890, so you can trust we are experts in our field. If you need a little more convincing here’s a few more reasons to choose William H Brown as your estate agent…
>> Your local William H Brown team in Wakefield
Our team know the area and the marketplace. Most of our staff members live in the surrounding areas so we are your local e
Stamp Duty calculator
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference WAK121165. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by William H. Brown, Wakefield. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the average speed from the provider with the fastest broadband package available on comparethemarket.com at this postcode. The average speed displayed is based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm). Fibre/cable services at the postcode are subject to availability and may differ between properties within a postcode. Speeds can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed at the property may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed and confirm availability to a property prior to purchasing on the broadband provider's website. Providers may increase charges. The information is provided and maintained by Stickee Technology Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.