Mare Street, Hackney, London, E8
- Huge roof terrace
- Moments from London Fields
- Grade II listed Georgian home
- Steeped in history
- Four double bedrooms
- An array of fine period features
- Stunning interior
- Grand entrance hall with feature staircase
- Private landscaped rear garden with side access
- Great transport links
This magnificent house exudes a delightful air of charm and character and has retained many original features including sash and case windows, chunky wooden floorboards, coving, fireplaces and complemented by stunning mantlepieces. Upon entry, you are greeted by a grand entrance with an extensive hallway which sets the tone for this truly unique property. The raised ground floor comprises of a kitchen diner with views over the garden and also has the added benefit of a pantry, laundry room/cloak room and a generously proportioned reception room with dramatic bow-window, which was added in the 1800's. The reception room offers an abundance of light and has an array of fine period features.
Leading up the grand staircase to the first floor the charm continues, as there is there is a wonderfully light dual aspect drawing room to the front; which again offers a wealth of features. Set to the rear is the principal bedroom which provides a wealth of light and features. Overlooking the garden the principle bedroom also benefits from a sleek en-suite.
On the top floor are three additional bedrooms, one of which is currently used as a home office, and a beautiful bathroom with a freestanding bath and a fireplace. The top floor also provides access to the terrace. The property also boasts a pretty walled garden, with mature shrubs and trees, which can be accessed via the entrance hallway and via a side gate.
The property is situated on the corner of Mare Street and Darnley Road. The green open space of London Fields are only 0.3 miles away and Victoria Park is less than one mile away. There are a superb variety of pubs, cafes and boutique shops close at hand and transport links can be found via London Fields Overground, just 0.3 miles away.
Mare Street, Hackney, London, E8
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Hackney Central Station0.4 miles
- Hackney Downs Station0.5 miles
- London Fields Station0.1 miles
About the agent
Stamp Duty calculator
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference ISL200098. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by NEILSON & BAUER LTD, Islington. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the average speed from the provider with the fastest broadband package available on comparethemarket.com at this postcode. The average speed displayed is based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm). Fibre/cable services at the postcode are subject to availability and may differ between properties within a postcode. Speeds can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed at the property may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed and confirm availability to a property prior to purchasing on the broadband provider's website. Providers may increase charges. The information is provided and maintained by Stickee Technology Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.