Moor Lane, West Hagbourne
- Four Bedrooms
- Two Bathrooms
- Wealth of Exposed Timbers
- Oil Fired Central Heating
- Re-Thatched 2009
- Listed Grade II
- Open Fire Place
- Unique Tranquil Location with Open Views
- Pretty Partly Walled Cottage Gardens (0.23 acres)
- Double Garage and Outbuildings
The cottage has been restored and sympathetically enlarged over the years and was re-thatched in 2009 with a renewed ridge in 2019 and offers flexible and surprisingly good sized accommodation to include three bedrooms and a stylish newly fitted bathroom to the first floor, with a further bedroom suite, three, partly open plan, reception spaces and a well-appointed kitchen to the ground floor. This quintessential period cottage exudes character with all the features associated with this type of property including natural exposed timbers, open fireplaces, latch doors, original planked floors and low ceilings in parts!
Most unusually for a traditional timber framed property Enard Cottage is set centrally within its mature gardens, set well back from the lane to the front of the cottage . Moor Lane is a quiet backwater set just behind the village Main Street and culminates in a bridleway and footpaths that connect to the neighbouring villages of East Hagbourne, Upton and Blewbury.
West Hagbourne is a small and pretty village made up of a variety of individual property from quintessential period houses & cottages to more contemporary post war homes. There is a village pub, nursery and garage with a village primary school and Post Office in the neighbouring village of East Hagbourne.
Didcot is just two miles away and offers excellent shopping & leisure facilities together with a fast rail connection from Didcot Parkway to London Paddington in 45 minutes.
BrochuresProperty BrochureFull Details
Moor Lane, West Hagbourne
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Didcot Parkway Station1.9 miles
- Appleford Station3.8 miles
- Cholsey Station4.5 miles
About the agent
Thomas Merrifield has been offering a personal, proactive and professional service to the local community since 1996 which makes our office the longest serving independent Estate Agent in Didcot, and with eight networked offices in Oxfordshire we offer a wide range of properties to buy or rent throughout the county.
Our offices are located in Abingdon, Wallingford, Didcot, Bicester, Witney, Grove, Oxford and Kidlington which cover all the major tow
Stamp Duty calculator
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference 11105189. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Thomas Merrifield, Didcot. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the average speed from the provider with the fastest broadband package available on comparethemarket.com at this postcode. The average speed displayed is based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm). Fibre/cable services at the postcode are subject to availability and may differ between properties within a postcode. Speeds can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed at the property may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed and confirm availability to a property prior to purchasing on the broadband provider's website. Providers may increase charges. The information is provided and maintained by Stickee Technology Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.