Melfort Farm, Wadhurst Road, Frant, Tunbridge Wells, TN3
- Virtual Tour available on request
- impressive family home built in 2019 in this convenient semi-rural location
- 3.5 miles to Tunbridge Wells
- wonderful southerly aspect with an outlook over woodland to the front and fields to the rear
- minimalist light-filled contemporary style, with large rooms
- remains of 10 year warranty
- well placed for choice of schools
- 2.2 miles Frant mainline station providing commuter services to London Bridge, Cannon Street and Charing Cross
- EPC Rating = B
An impressive contemporary home set in this small and secure, ‘farmstead development’ of just three houses. Based on the theme of a farmhouse with its neighbouring oast and barn, all of the homes in this exclusive development are substantial and the delightful setting is semi-rural in character being nestled at the end of a long estate drive, set far back from the Frant to Wadhurst road.
The property has an outlook over woodland to the front and fields to the rear and is finished in a minimalist contemporary style, with the emphasis on large rooms and the wonderful southerly aspect. Oak joinery is one of the features, along with plenty of glazing and a modern design for the kitchen and bathrooms. The huge kitchen/dining/family room is of particular note, with stone flooring, AEG appliances, a generous larder cupboard and a central island unit with a breakfast bar. This is one of the two key reception rooms, both of which enjoy a focus to the southerly side, with twin double sliding doors directly onto the garden terrace. The four bedrooms on the first floor also have an attractive southerly outlook.
The pretty village of Frant with its village green is reached within about a mile of the property, offering two well-regarded public houses, a local post office and stores, a hairdressers as well as a Church, village hall and a modern, well regarded primary school.
Wadhurst is a little further away being 3.5 miles, but offers more amenities, including Uplands Community College for secondary schooling.
Tunbridge Wells is also about 3.5 miles to the north and offers the most comprehensive amenities locally and is a delightful, characterful and expanding town. Highlights include the famous Pantiles shopping arcade which dates back to Georgian times and the extensive open spaces of the Common, which cuts a swathe of green space right into the middle of the town, and a number of beautiful formal parks, including Dunorlan.
Mainline rail: Local stations are on the main Hastings line into London Charing Cross/Cannon Street and London Bridge, with Frant station at Bells Yew Green being about 2.2 miles and Tunbridge Wells one stop further up the line.
Private and state schools: There is a good variety of schooling locally, with the nearest primary schools at Frant, Wadhurst, Tunbridge Wells and Mark Cross to the south. There are private preparatory schools in Tunbridge Wells, including The Mead and Rosehill and others outside the town, with Holmewood House at Langton Green and Skippers Hill at Five Ashes. At secondary level there are community colleges at Wadhurst and Heathfield and an Academy at Crowborough, with Grammar Schools (entry by academic performance in the 11-plus exam) and secondary schools in Tunbridge Wells and private schooling at Mayfield for girls and Tonbridge for boys and co-ed options at Sevenoaks, Eastbourne, Brighton and at Bedes in Upper Dicker.
Square Footage: 3,493 sq ft
Acreage: 0.43 Acres
From our offices in Tunbridge Wells proceed out of the town on Frant Road (A267). Continue through Frant before turning left on the B2099 towards Wadhurst. Continue along this road for about 0.3 of a mile and the main entrance to Melfort Farm will be seen on the left.
Outgoings: Wealden District Council , Tax Band H
Services: Mains electricity and water and private drainage
Melfort Farm, Wadhurst Road, Frant, Tunbridge Wells, TN3
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Frant Station1.5 miles
- Wadhurst Station1.9 miles
- Tunbridge Wells Station3.1 miles
About the agent
With over 160 years of experience, over 600 offices globally - including 130 in the UK, and thousands of potential buyers and tenants on our database, we'll make sure your property gets in front of the right people. And once you’ve sold your property, we’re here to help you move on to the next stage of your journey.
Whether buying or renting a house, flat, country estate or waterside property, our experts make it their busin
Stamp Duty calculator
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference TUS210235. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Savills, Tunbridge Wells. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the average speed from the provider with the fastest broadband package available on comparethemarket.com at this postcode. The average speed displayed is based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm). Fibre/cable services at the postcode are subject to availability and may differ between properties within a postcode. Speeds can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed at the property may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed and confirm availability to a property prior to purchasing on the broadband provider's website. Providers may increase charges. The information is provided and maintained by Stickee Technology Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.