Ridge Road, Maidencombe, Torquay, Devon, TQ1
- Exceptional Uninterrupted Sea & Countryside Views
- Distinctive Individual Architect Design
- Electric Gated Access with Ample Driveway Parking and integral double garage
- Double height Reception Hallway With Galleried Landing bespoke glazed staircase
- Quality Modern Fitted Kitchen With Integrated Appliances & Solid Granite Worktops
- Master suite with luxury bathroom/WC and impressive dressing room
- Superbly landscaped grounds approaching 1 ½ acres
- Resort style ceramic pool with automated cover, winter cover air source heating and ultra violet filtration system
- EPC Rating - D
Merryfield is a completely unique modern detached residence built in 1994 improved and updated by the current vendors and is a credit to them.
The spacious accommodation which is set over two levels briefly comprises; stunning double height reception hallway with galleried landing and steps down to the sitting room having Origin custom made bi-fold doors and feature glass gable that encapsulates the stunning sea and countryside views. here is a raised mezzanine level snug enjoying rolling countryside views.
Bespoke oak glazed double doors give access to the formal dining room. There is an impressive modern fitted kitchen with solid worktops and integrated appliances and breakfast area. This leads through to a family room that overlooks the adjacent meadow and enjoys stunning rolling countryside views. Also on the ground floor is the guest suite with luxury en suite bathroom / wc, a study/bed 6, separate utility room and a ground floor shower / wc.
From the spacious reception hallway is a bespoke James Grace glazed staircase leading to the galleried landing that gives access to three further double bedrooms, a luxury bathroom / wc and access to the master suite with double bedroom leading through to a luxury four piece en suite bathroom / wc. There is a door that leads to a dressing room which has been used as a study in the past with access to a walk in wardrobe and storage area.
Outside, the property is approached via automated gates and a long attractive block paved driveway leads to the front of the house giving access to the integral double garage with two electrically operated up and over doors and access to the boiler room.
The property sits among 1.5 acres comprising beautifully lawned and landscaped gardens, stocked with an abundance of ornamental shrubs and bushes and a meadow with a small orchard. There is a most impressive resort style 11m ceramic swimming pool that has an automated insulating floating cover and sliding acrylic winter cover Aquacomet enclosure for year round enjoyment, ultra violet filtration system and is heated via an economic air source heat pump replaced in 2020. Doors from the living room give access to a sun terrace ideal for al fresco dining and this encapsulates the views out to sea and towards Dartmoor and offers a good deal of seclusion.
The property occupies a much sought after private position at the head of Ridge Road being the last house on the right hand side. It is within close proximity to Maidencombe Beach and local pubs and is within easy reach of both Torquay Sea Front - with its deep water marina - and the sought after village of Shaldon. It is also within easy access to Newton Abbot which has mainline rail links to Paddington and links Exeter and the M5 beyond. An early inspection is essential to appreciate the size, position, condition and views the accommodation boasts.
BrochuresMerryfield, Ridge Road (2)
Ridge Road, Maidencombe, Torquay, Devon, TQ1
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Torre Station2.5 miles
- Teignmouth Station3.1 miles
- Torquay Station3.3 miles
About the agent
Absolute Sales & Lettings Ltd was conceived in early 2010 and opened in July of that year by Simon Fisher & Jeff Sims who had worked together on and off in various roles for well over a decade. After the initial few years Simon bought Jeff out so that Jeff could concentrate on doing some travelling, but he never stopped working with us and still does our bookkeeping and is a trusted advisor to the business.
Our town centre office was opened in July 2010, having previously been another e
Stamp Duty calculator
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference BSL_TRQ_LFSYCL_477_64978608. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Absolute Sales & Lettings Ltd, Wellswood. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the average speed from the provider with the fastest broadband package available on comparethemarket.com at this postcode. The average speed displayed is based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm). Fibre/cable services at the postcode are subject to availability and may differ between properties within a postcode. Speeds can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed at the property may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed and confirm availability to a property prior to purchasing on the broadband provider's website. Providers may increase charges. The information is provided and maintained by Stickee Technology Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.