Kings Road, Longniddry, East Lothian, EH32
- 5 bedrooms
- 4 reception rooms
- 3 bathrooms
- 0.99 acres
- Golf course
• Entrance porch | hallway | sitting room | sun room | W.C. | dining kitchen/ large family room | dining room | utility room
• Landing | principal bedroom with ensuite bathroom | bedroom with ensuite dressing room and bathroom | three further bedrooms | family shower room
• Large detached triple garage with floored loft above with a multitude of uses
• Private driveway with electric gated entrance and security cameras | front and rear enclosed gardens including planted borders | mature woodland
• Newly instated grey double-glazed Georgian windows throughout
• All weather tennis court | greenhouse | front and rear patios | pond
• Direct gated access to Longniddry golf course leading to the beach
Westwood is situated in a private setting within Longniddry close to the golf course and only a short walk from the main street. Understood to date back to 1928, Westwood is set back from the main road and approached via electric gates with a private driveway that sweeps round and terminates in a large gravel parking area to the front. The property has many features throughout including the recently refitted German Leicht kitchen with wolf ovens and hob that opens out to the contemporary open plan large living room complete with oak flooring and large floor to ceiling windows and doors opening out to a patio area and gardens beyond. There is a separate sitting room with wood burning stove and large windows overlooking the wonderful gardens. Beyond the sitting room is the large stunning sunroom which has floor to window glass made with grey metal frames which was added in 2017, with super views over the gardens complete with underfloor heating, oak flooring and doors leading out to a private patio. Ideal for morning coffee forming part of the extension, the new principal suite on the first floor comprises of a dressing area and beautiful bathroom which opens out to the bedroom with floor to ceiling gable windows to take in the superb views over the gardens, woodland and golf course beyond. There is an additional bedroom which includes a separate dressing room and ensuite with roll top bath.
Benefitting from double glazing through and mains gas central heating, the accommodation comprises
Ground floor: entrance hall, hallway, dining room/study, dining kitchen, living room, utility room, sitting room (with wood burner) and sun room.
First floor: landing, principal bedroom with ensuite bathroom, bedroom with ensuite dressing room and bathroom, three further bedrooms and shower room
Gardens and Outbuildings
To the side of the house there is a detached triple garage of traditional construction with three swing over doors (11.53m x 6.02). Stairs lead up to a floored attic room with three velux windows which could be used as an office or studio
Doors lead out from the sitting room to a raised stone patio area above the formal gardens. This includes a large lawn with planted borders and mature woodland. There is also an all-weather tennis court. To the side of the house there is a greenhouse. To the front of the house, there is a patio area outside the sun room with an attractive pond. There is a front lawn to the side of the driveway with mature trees, planted borders and hedging providing plenty of privacy.
Westwood is situated in a very sought-after position off the King's Road in Longniddry, with direct access onto the golf course / beach and yet only a thirty minute drive from the centre of Edinburgh and 17 min train journey to the heart of Edinburgh. The property is just a short walk from the Main Street, which has a range of services including several shops, cafes, restaurants, library, GP surgery, vet, tennis courts, play park, church, pharmacy together with a Post Office and primary school with an excellent reputation. The nearest supermarkets can be found in Prestonpans (4 miles) and Haddington (7 miles), with a large Co-op in Cockenzie (2 miles).
Kings Road, Longniddry, East Lothian, EH32
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Longniddry Station0.7 miles
- Prestonpans Station3.0 miles
- Wallyford Station4.8 miles
About the agent
Knight Frank residential teams are available for phone and video appointments. Market appraisals, home visits and viewings can still be undertaken with agreement of all parties and while strictly adhering to all social distancing and PPE guidance Recently, we have all been faced with unprecedented circumstances, and as we navigate these extraordinary times, it is not just an estate agent that you need, but a partner in property.
Our teams of experts are on hand to hel
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference EDN012110412. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Knight Frank, Edinburgh. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the average speed from the provider with the fastest broadband package available on comparethemarket.com at this postcode. The average speed displayed is based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm). Fibre/cable services at the postcode are subject to availability and may differ between properties within a postcode. Speeds can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed at the property may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed and confirm availability to a property prior to purchasing on the broadband provider's website. Providers may increase charges. The information is provided and maintained by Stickee Technology Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.