Grindsbrook Booth, Edale, Hope Valley
- Charming Picturesque Detached Family Residence
- Five Bedrooms/Two Bathrooms
- Dating Back to 1700s and Retaining Lovely Original Features
- Gritstone Built with Stone Slate Roof
- Lovely Setting Below Kinder Scout at Start of Pennine Way
- Attractive Well Maintained Grounds & Outdoor Swimming Pool
- Inspection a Must - Some Updating Required
- For Sale with No Onward Chain
- Been in the Same Family for 65 Years
- Viewing: Hathersage Office
The Old Parsonage is one of the most desirable houses in Edale, a thriving village with a school, shop, cafe and two pubs. Built of local gritstone, with a stone slate roof, it is flanked by manicured lawns, dry stone walls and a tumbling stream, and ringed by rolling hills with Kinder Scout forming a dramatic backdrop. It is coming on the market after 65 years of ownership by one family.
The house needs some modernisation and retains many original features. We expect a property of such outstanding character to attract great interest, so we strongly recommend an early viewing. It is for sale with no onward chain.
Outside, the Old Parsonage boasts approximately a third of an acre of grounds that include a workshop and other outbuildings as well as potential parking for up to three cars.
The ground floor comprises a reception hall, sitting room with beamed ceiling and multi-fuel stove, family room with beamed ceiling and open fire, rear lobby, cloakroom giving access to small cellar, kitchen with Rayburn, dining area and larder/pantry, utility area. Separate dining room.
First Floor: bedroom one with views over Mam Tor and Mam Nick and the sweeping front lawn, en suite dressing room and bathroom. Four further bedrooms and family bathroom. "
BrochuresGrindsbrook Booth, Edale, Hope ValleyBrochure
Grindsbrook Booth, Edale, Hope Valley
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Edale Station0.5 miles
- Hope Station4.1 miles
- Dove Holes Station5.8 miles
About the agent
At Saxton Mee we like to do things properly, so lets make the introductions. We are property specialists with four offices across Sheffield, Dronfield and the Peak District along with two further independent offices at Crookes and Hillsborough.
Stamp Duty calculator
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference 30957183. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Saxton Mee, Hathersage. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the average speed from the provider with the fastest broadband package available on comparethemarket.com at this postcode. The average speed displayed is based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm). Fibre/cable services at the postcode are subject to availability and may differ between properties within a postcode. Speeds can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed at the property may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed and confirm availability to a property prior to purchasing on the broadband provider's website. Providers may increase charges. The information is provided and maintained by Stickee Technology Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.