Chestnut Cottage, Whissendine
- Reception Hallway
- Kitchen/Breakfast Room, Utility Room
- Open Plan Dining/Living Area
- Drawing Room, Family Room, Conservatory
- Four Bedrooms, Three Bathrooms
- Landscaped Gardens, in all just over 0.3 acres
- Planning Permission for a Separate Annexe
Melton Mowbray 7 miles
Stamford 16 miles
Grantham 21 miles (HST to London King’s Cross)
Leicester 21 miles (HST to London St Pancras)
Nottingham A14 (A1/M1/M6 link road) 2.5 miles
(All distances approximate)
Whissendine is a well-regarded Rutland village lying close by to the attractive and historic market town of Oakham. The village offers all the qualities of rural life, whilst also being conveniently located providing easy access to the region’s commercial and retail centres. Within the village there is a popular public house, a church, primary school and a village shop with café, as well as a playing field with cricket ground on the edge of the village. Communications in the area are excellent, with good links to Leicester, Peterborough and Kettering, with the A14 dual carriageway providing rapid road access both east (A1), north/south (M1) and northwest (M6). International air travel is available at East Midlands Airport, Birmingham, Stansted and Luton.
Sporting and recreational facilities locally are plentiful, with Rutland Water set to the south-east, between Uppingham and Oakham, where water sports are available, including sailing and fishing with scenic walks, as well as the Rutland Water cycle route. Fishing is also available on Eyebrook Reservoir close to Uppingham, with golf at Stapleford Park Country Club. Educational establishments nearby are renowned, with preparatory and primary options both at the sought-after school in the village, as well as Oakham and Melton Mowbray. The well-known public schools of Uppingham, Oakham and Oundle are within easy reach, whilst secondary schooling is at Uppingham, Oakham, Stamford, and Leicester and Melton Mowbray.
Entered via a central hall through to the reception rooms, a formal drawing room is to the right, with a comfortable family room set to the left. Both rooms have shuttered sash windows, Clipsham Limestone floors with underfloor heating, and recently installed log-burners, creating cosy, welcoming rooms. The limestone floor, with its underfloor heating, continues through to a rear hall off which the elegant garden room and well-equipped utility sit, and finally, the triumph of the house – a stunning, open plan living kitchen and dining room, finished to one end with a vaulted ceilinged, oak framed and glazed extension, introducing light and lovely views over the gardens.
The kitchen itself is very well equipped, with an attractive herringbone Karndean floor, generous central island, range cooker and substantial range of work surfaces and units. Doors open from the far end and to the side onto an extensive and recently completed terrace, creating an ideal space for entertaining guests.
To the first floor, the principal bedroom is en-suite, with a traditional style bathroom including freestanding roll top bath, and there is an excellent range of custom-built wardrobes and storage. The guest bedroom is also en-suite, also with built in wardrobes and an original fireplace, and there are two further characterful bedrooms and a large bathroom.
Chestnut Cottage sits in an elevated position, with a gravelled driveway to the front, bordered by mature hedges, double gates to one side of the property leading through to the generous 0.3 acre gardens. Primarily south facing and recently landscaped, an elegant terrace with planted borders and central pond creates a wonderful space in which to relax next to the kitchen and garden room. Steps lead up to a lawned area, with wide borders planted full of colour, and a magnificent horse chestnut to one side. At the front of the garden is a useful storage shed, and immediately adjacent is the site of a former outbuilding, now cleared, and with planning permission to create a two-storey annexe designed to further enhance this wonderful property, adding work from home space with two further bedrooms, space for guests or a growing family.
The property may only be inspected by prior arrangement through King West. Tel: .
None of the services have been tested by the agents.
To be confirmed.
COUNCIL TAX BAND
To be confirmed.
King West, their joint Agents (if any) and clients give notice that:
1. These property particulars should not be regarded as an offer, or contract or part of one. You should not rely on any statements by King West in the particulars, or by word of mouth or in writing as being factually accurate about the property, nor its condition or its value. We have no authority to make any representations or warranties in relation to the property either here or elsewhere and accordingly any information given is entirely without responsibility.
2. The photographs illustrate parts of the property as were apparent at the time they were taken. Any areas, measurements or distances are approximate only.
3. Any reference to the use or alterations of any part of the property does not imply that the necessary planning, building regulations or other consents have been obtained. It is the responsibility of a purchaser or lessee to confirm that these have been dealt with properly and that all information is correct.
4. King West have not tested any services, equipment or facilities, the buyer or lessee must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise.
5. MONEY LAUNDERING REGULATIONS: Intending purchasers will be asked to produce satisfactory proof of their identification and address at the point any sale is agreed in order to comply with The Money Laundering, Terrorist Financing and Transfer of Funds (Information on the Payer) Regulations 2017. King West asks for your co-operation in this regard. September 2021
Chestnut Cottage, Whissendine
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Oakham Station3.5 miles
About the agent
Moving is a busy and exciting time and we here at King West endeavour to make sure the experience goes as smoothly as possible by giving you all the help you need under one roof.
Stamp Duty calculator
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference MAH210071. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by King West, Market Harborough. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the average speed from the provider with the fastest broadband package available on comparethemarket.com at this postcode. The average speed displayed is based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm). Fibre/cable services at the postcode are subject to availability and may differ between properties within a postcode. Speeds can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed at the property may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed and confirm availability to a property prior to purchasing on the broadband provider's website. Providers may increase charges. The information is provided and maintained by Stickee Technology Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.