River View, Whippingham, Isle of Wight
- Large corner plot in a tranquil setting
- Spacious detached family house with wrap around gardens
- Versatile accommodation with annex potential if needed
- Integral garage as well as two garden sheds
- Ample off-road parking area leading to the garage and house
- Potential for further accommodation in the loft subject to relevant permissions
- EPC energy rating D
An attractive pergola-covered path spans the width of the house and leads to the main front door and the hallway. On the ground floor the flexible accommodation currently includes a good-sized light and bright, triple aspect lounge with an attractive fireplace as a focal point and a separate dining room. There is a vibrant kitchen with multi-coloured tiles and white units with red handles housing a gas hob and built in oven and the colourful tiling extends through to the utility room that has doors to both the front and rear garden.
You will also find a fairly self-contained single bedroom with a separate door to the rear garden providing independent external access and a large en suite bathroom. This area could be very useful for anyone with an elderly relative needing annex facilities and could be expanded as there is also direct access to the dining room that could always be converted into a separate sitting room for them.
On the first floor there is a double shower room and four bedrooms including one single that is currently designed as an office with fitted shelving, a double that is used as a second sitting room with built in shelves and two double bedrooms. If further accommodation was required there is a large loft that could be converted into additional bedrooms and a bathroom subject to the necessary permissions.
The rear garden is laid out with relaxation in mind. It is easy to manage with a paved patio and painted decking where you can enjoy al fresco dining, two garden sheds and a small lawn.
What the Owner says:
We have thoroughly enjoyed living here for the past 20 years and it has been a great family home. But as there are just the two of us living here, we feel it is time to downsize. The location is delightful as we are on a quiet lane but there is a bus route on the adjacent main road and we look out over farmland and the surrounding countryside. We are less than four miles from Newport and not far from ferries for the mainland while it is only a minute's walk to one of the very few private schools on the island.
East Cowes includes a charming promenade and is well known for its association with Queen Victoria who spent many years at nearby Osborne House. With its Cowes association there is everything available for sailors while golfing enthusiasts can enjoy a game at the Osborne Golf Club. East Cowes is joined to Cowes by the chain ferry across the River Medina and is famous for hosting the oldest and biggest annual sailing regatta in the world. This Mecca for sailors also includes a plethora of independent shops, chandlers, bars and restaurants as well as museums and galleries.
- Hallway / Utility: 9'7 x 6'9 (2.92m x 2.06m)
- Kitchen: 11'1 x 8'1 (3.38m x 2.47m)
- Dining Room: 11'1 x 10'10 (3.38m x 3.30m)
- Lounge: 16'8 x 11'11 (5.08m x 3.63m)
- Bedroom 1: 16'2 x 6'5 (4.93m x 1.96m)
- En-Suite Bathroom
- Bedroom 2: 13'10 x 11'1 (4.22m x 3.38m)
- Bedroom 3: 11'11 x 8'2 (3.63m x 2.49m)
- Shower Room
- Bedroom 4: 11'11 x 7'11 (3.63m x 2.41m)
- Bedroom 5 / Office: 9'1 x 8'7 (2.77m x 2.62m)
- Converted Garage: 16'7 x 8'1 (5.06m x 2.47m)
- Front Garden
- Off Road Parking
- Rear Garden
- 2 x Sheds
The information provided about this property does not constitute or form part of an offer or contract, nor may be it be regarded as representations. All interested parties must verify accuracy and your solicitor must verify tenure/lease information, fixtures & fittings and, where the property has been extended/converted, planning/building regulation consents. All dimensions are approximate and quoted for guidance only as are floor plans which are not to scale and their accuracy cannot be confirmed. Reference to appliances and/or services does not imply that they are necessarily in working order or fit for the purpose.
We are pleased to offer our customers a range of additional services to help them with moving home. None of these services are obligatory and you are free to use service providers of your choice. Current regulations require all estate agents to inform their customers of the fees they earn for recommending third party services. If you choose to use a service provider recommended by Fine & Country, details of all referral fees can be found at the link below. If you decide to use any of our services, please be assured that this will not increase the fees you pay to our service providers, which remain as quoted directly to you.
River View, Whippingham, Isle of Wight
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Ryde Pier Head Station4.8 miles
- Ryde Esplanade Station4.8 miles
- Ryde St. Johns Road Station5.1 miles
About the agent
At Fine & Country, we offer a refreshing approach to selling exclusive homes, combining individual flair and attention to detail with the expertise of local estate agents to create a strong international network, with powerful marketing capabilities.
Moving home is one of the most important decisions you will make; your home is both a financial and emotional investment. We understand that it's the little things ' without a price tag ' that make a house a home, and this makes us a valuab
Stamp Duty calculator
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference 60902291. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Fine & Country, Isle of Wight. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the average speed from the provider with the fastest broadband package available on comparethemarket.com at this postcode. The average speed displayed is based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm). Fibre/cable services at the postcode are subject to availability and may differ between properties within a postcode. Speeds can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed at the property may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed and confirm availability to a property prior to purchasing on the broadband provider's website. Providers may increase charges. The information is provided and maintained by Stickee Technology Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.