Stapleford Abbotts, Romford
- Architecturally Stunning 7 Bedroom Country Home
- Includes Luxury One Bedroom Bungalow
- 5500 sq Ft Accommodation
- 8250 sq ft Barns/6 Stables
- Optional 9.4 to 20 Acres Available
- Equestrian Floodlit 40 x 30m Arena
- Mature Grounds & Gardens
- South & West Facing Aspects
- Conveniently 18 Miles from London
- Views Over Open Countryside
What the Owners Say The children have grown up and do their own thing, whilst we now split much of our time competing horses abroad - it's time to take on a new chapter in our lives. We have had great times here, spent way more than the guide price, so the incoming buyer will hopefully appreciate all that's on offer!
History & Background An instantly stunning 5500 sq ft Country House set in a secluded oasis of up to 20 acres of beautiful grounds and meadows, accompanied by a highly appointed ancillary bungalow with the additional benefit of the equestrian facilities which are available by separate negotiation.
The property is steeped in history, formally documented as St Edwards, dating back to 1830, whilst originally forming part of The Pyrgo Palace Estate on the outer edge of the then sprawling Epping Forest. The property was later re-developed in 1830 as a Chapel with its elegant elevations, mellow brick, and ornate architectural detail. The house has more recently undergone extensive restoration, beautifully and lavishly appointed, undertaken by a professional interior designer, who cleverly discovered and revealed some original covered stone columns, whilst retaining all the essence of the original features, complemented by luxurious modern-day kitchens and bathrooms. In addition, a highly appointed one-bedroom, self-contained ancillary bungalow was built and discretely nestled within the grounds for excellent staff or family member accommodation.
The property is offered (in the initial advertised guide price), to include the bungalow and 9.4 acres (securing the glorious views). A further option, by separate negation, would be to purchase the excellent equestrian facilities, barns, stables, manege and 7.65 acres. There is also an additional 2.91-acre field which can further be made available. This field (greenbelt) adjoins the edge of the village and could offer longer term potential development value. Our client is willing to look at any sensible offer for either part or whole of the property and may further consider option agreements for the additional land.
Setting & Location The property is nestled within part wooded, extensive and mature grounds of just under 20 acres. The automatic gates provide access to a long sweeping drive where the entire premises sit in their own bowl of privately screened oasis, whilst open to the south across rolling countryside. The equestrian facilities have their own yard with parking and separate gated access, so can easily be separated out from the sale, if not required. However, these buildings might also suit a buyer looking for good storage arrangements with the opportunity of running a permissible business from home (a neighbouring former armyard has Commercial lets).
The remaining grounds offer mature gardens, an enclosed pond, a beautiful Victorian Garden with sunset views, south facing terraces, an orchard, rolling meadows and extensive areas for parking.
Tysea Hill is a popular area on the edge of Stapleford Abbotts, about 18 miles from central London, close to open countryside, for M11/M25 access, Brook Farm Equestrian Centre and Stapleford Abbotts Aerodrome/Flying School is just off the roundabout for Abridge. The more immediate location offers an eclectic mix of country homes/private residences, commercial enterprises, mobile homes, open countryside and the golf course.
Chigwell Tube Station 6.9 miles* Epping Tube Station 7.8 miles* Brentwood 5.8 miles* London City Airport 21 miles*
- On the north side of the house is a very small area containing three gravestones of the Gibb family (dating back to the 1800's). There is an historic covenant associated with the stones, together with a monolith containing an engraved history.
- There are several mature trees that are subject to a TPO (Tree Preservation Order)
- Title number EX373136 (or to be sold as part thereof - see sale brochure lots)
Important Note PLEASE CONTACT US (THE SELLING AGENT) FOR THE FULL BROCHURE pdf AS THERE MAY BE SOME IMPORTANT 'AGENTS NOTES' WHICH YOU SHOULD BE AWARE OF PRIOR TO VIEWING. In addition our client has partaken in the Popertymark Toolkit - a questionnaire which they have completed, prior to marketing, declaring and notifying buyers of important information which may help with a more informed decision when making an offer.
Stapleford Abbotts, Romford
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Harold Wood Station3.1 miles
- Gidea Park Station3.4 miles
- Romford Station3.9 miles
About the agent
Zoe Napier Group was founded in 2010. The Company specialise in the sale of Unique Homes throughout Essex & South Suffolk from both their Essex Office in Maldon and associate London Office in Mayfair W1. This agency offers a specialist platform, ‘beyond compare’ for unique homes in the following niche markets:
Unique Barns & Conversions (Any location with or without land)
Country & Equestrian (Property in the countryside with or without land, farms, outbuildings, part residential
Stamp Duty calculator
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference 102787002028. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Zoe Napier Collection, Essex. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the average speed from the provider with the fastest broadband package available on comparethemarket.com at this postcode. The average speed displayed is based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm). Fibre/cable services at the postcode are subject to availability and may differ between properties within a postcode. Speeds can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed at the property may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed and confirm availability to a property prior to purchasing on the broadband provider's website. Providers may increase charges. The information is provided and maintained by Stickee Technology Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.