Fernwood Avenue, London, SW16
- Refurbished to an exquisite standard by the current owner
- An exceptional and unique garden
- Bespoke home office/studio in the garden
- The area is renowned for its excellent selection of schools
- Close to an array of Streatham amenities
- 0.5 miles from Streatham station
- EPC Rating = D
This impeccably presented semi-detached family home boasts a sensational and incredibly unique garden. Sitting on the apex of the road, the garden has the advantage of widening to the rear and incorporates a fully functioning modern garden office, ideal for home working.
The house has been extensively refurbished to an exquisite standard by the current owner, with magnificent attention to detail throughout, including new carpets, double glazed windows, a bespoke CCTV security system, wooden sash windows and features low-energy lighting throughout the house. The property itself offers a wealth of natural light, high ceilings, as well as a great deal of contemporary living and entertaining space.
To the left of the welcoming hallway is an attractive double reception room with fireplaces to the front and rear, traditional cornicing, as well as an abundance of natural light from the large bay window, complete with plantation style shutters. To the rear of the ground floor is the bright and newly refurbished kitchen/family room featuring integrated modern appliances. The space is extended further into the stunning and beautifully maintained garden which flairs and widens to the rear and has to be seen to be appreciated. Steps lead down to the green lawned area hosting wildflower meadows and wraps round the side of the house which opens out into a large al fresco dining area, ideal for entertaining. The light modern office, which has been recently built, is accessed from the garden. The ground floor comprises a utility room and separate downstairs cloakroom, there is a door from the utility out into the garden.
The first floor comprises a principal bedroom, overlooking the front of the property, which is flooded by natural light. There are an additional three double bedrooms on this floor, including a shower room and a separate W/C and bathroom. The second floor comprises a large double bedroom, overlooking the garden, with an en suite bathroom and a walk-in shower. The top floor features an additional double bedroom and a separate W/C.
The property benefits from generous eaves storage and a cellar, which is excellent for storage.
Fernwood Avenue is a quiet tree lined road close to Streatham High Road and convenient for the over ground transport links of Streatham Station offering services to London Bridge, Victoria and Clapham Junction.
There are numerous buses on Streatham High Road including the 133 bus to the City and the 159 to Oxford Street.
The house is within walking distance to a number of excellent Ofsted outstanding state and primary schools.
Square Footage: 2,498 sq ft
Fernwood Avenue, London, SW16
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Streatham Station0.2 miles
- Streatham Hill Station0.7 miles
- Streatham Common Station0.7 miles
About the agent
With over 160 years of experience, over 600 offices globally - including 130 in the UK, and thousands of potential buyers and tenants on our database, we'll make sure your property gets in front of the right people. And once you’ve sold your property, we’re here to help you move on to the next stage of your journey.
Whether buying or renting a house, flat, country estate or waterside property, our experts make it their busin
Stamp Duty calculator
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference CPS210286. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Savills, Clapham. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the average speed from the provider with the fastest broadband package available on comparethemarket.com at this postcode. The average speed displayed is based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm). Fibre/cable services at the postcode are subject to availability and may differ between properties within a postcode. Speeds can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed at the property may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed and confirm availability to a property prior to purchasing on the broadband provider's website. Providers may increase charges. The information is provided and maintained by Stickee Technology Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.