Faringdon, Oxfordshire, SN7
- Substantial detached family home
- Stunning modern family kitchen
- Three separate reception rooms
- Secondary kitchen/boot room
- Impressive master bedroom suite
- Second bedroom with en suite
- Three/four further bedrooms
- Modern refitted family bathroom
- Landscaped and established gardens
- Large driveway for several vehicles
The ground floor comprises a spacious entrance hall, two spacious reception rooms to the front aspect, a well-proportioned sitting room with fireplace and pretty views of the established gardens, a separate utility/cloakroom and a stunning and contemporary family kitchen with central island unit.
Also on the ground floor is a large sitting room, kitchenette and walk in storage room forming part of the annexe, stairs rising from the secondary kitchen to a superb double bedroom with en-suite bath/shower room and dressing room.
On the first floor of the main house is a master bedroom with en-suite wet room/dressing room, three further double bedrooms and a family bathroom, with a potential 6th bedroom to the ground floor.
Outside the property enjoys private and landscaped gardens, with a large patio terrace, separate wooden decked area and a private covered pergola, as well as an assortment of outbuildings.
The front of the property affords a great deal of privacy, surfaced with a mix of tarmac hardstanding and gravel, providing parking for several vehicles and the potential for garaging, subject to the usual planning consents.
The property is upvc double glazed with a gas heating system to radiators and all mains services believed to be connected. The tenure is understood to be freehold.
The historic market town of Faringdon, dating back at least to the 12th century, has a thriving community and amenities such as the Leisure Centre, Library, Faringdon Community College, Junior and Infant schools as well as The Old Station Nursery, doctors’ and dentists’ surgeries and a Family Centre. Buses travel from the town to private schools at Abingdon. The town now boasts three large supermarkets.
Faringdon is also ideally positioned for the A420, leading to the A34, M40 and M4 and mainline railway services from Swindon, Oxford, Oxford Parkway and Didcot Parkway. There is a frequent bus service through the town from Swindon to Oxford and back, linking to rail services and airports.
The Tower on Folly Hill was built by Lord Berners in 1935 and affords panoramic views across four counties. For over 20 years, the town has been twinned with Le Mêle-sur-Sarthe in France and in 2004, Faringdon became the first Fairtrade town in the South East of England.
Faringdon, Oxfordshire, SN7
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Swindon Station10.2 miles
About the agent
We are a leading firm of independent estate agents helping people on the move in Oxfordshire, Gloucestershire and Wiltshire - selling modern and period homes throughout the region's most sought-after towns and villages. With offices in Faringdon, Cirencester, Cheltenham, Stroud, Nailsworth and Tetbury, our clients enjoy extensive marketing across our branch network coupled with award winning customer service.
We also have a London office, ensuring yo
Stamp Duty calculator
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference FAR180099. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Perry Bishop, Faringdon. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the average speed from the provider with the fastest broadband package available on comparethemarket.com at this postcode. The average speed displayed is based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm). Fibre/cable services at the postcode are subject to availability and may differ between properties within a postcode. Speeds can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed at the property may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed and confirm availability to a property prior to purchasing on the broadband provider's website. Providers may increase charges. The information is provided and maintained by Stickee Technology Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.