- Idyllic rural setting
- Peaceful countryside views
- Sitting room with wood burning stove
- Fabulous garden room
- Ground floor bedroom with en-suite wet room
- Ample parking
- Gardens and paddock, in all about 1.5 acres
- Use of communal leisure facilities
- Established and successful holiday letting history
- Contents available by separate negotiation
Originally part of the historic Stancombe Estate, Stancombe Cottage is an attractive stone property in a tranquil private setting.
The spacious accommodation is arranged over two floors and well presented throughout. The ground floor comprises an entrance hall, cloakroom, utility room, sitting room, kitchen/dining room, and a spacious garden room links the main living accommodation to a principal bedroom with fully limestone tiled wet room and French doors to the garden. On the first floor are three double bedrooms, an en-suite shower room and family bathroom.
The garden is mainly laid to lawn with mature trees and planted borders. Paved stone terraces provide delightful areas to sit and at the rear of the cottage is a gate which gives access to the paddock. There is parking for several vehicles.
Stancombe Cottage has use of leisure facilities at Stancombe Manor which include an indoor heated swimming pool and tennis court.
The property has an established and successful holiday letting history and figures are available on request.
Tenure - Freehold. There is a service charge of £316.50 per month for the communal facilities which include an indoor swimming pool, tennis court, snooker room, children's play area, pitch and putt and grounds.
Services - Mains water and electricity, private drainage. Air conditioning throughout.
Local Authority - South Hams District Council, Follaton House, Plymouth Road, Totnes, Devon TQ9 5NE. Tel: . The property is business rated.
Viewing - Strictly by appointment with Harriet George Properties Limited.
Directions - Take the A379 Dartmouth Road from Kingsbridge leaving the head of the estuary on your right hand side. Follow this road for approximately 3 miles and on reaching the village of Frogmore, turn left signposted Sherford. Proceed along this road, through the village and past the church. Turn right at the cross-roads signposted Stancombe and the entrance to Stancombe Manor is on the right hand side. On entering the courtyard you will notice 2 stone pillars to the left; proceed through these along the driveway until reaching the cottage.
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Totnes Station10.3 miles
About the agent
I decided to establish Harriet George Properties after over 20 years experience in the industry; my goal being to provide a more personal approach to buying or selling a home.
With experience in both the sales and letting markets, I am truly passionate about what I do. My goal is to exceed expectations and deliver the highest level of customer service.
The last 18 years of my career have been spent in Salcombe where I gained a reputation of consistently achieving precedent prices
Stamp Duty calculator
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference 30987383. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Harriet George, Kingsbridge. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the average speed from the provider with the fastest broadband package available on comparethemarket.com at this postcode. The average speed displayed is based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm). Fibre/cable services at the postcode are subject to availability and may differ between properties within a postcode. Speeds can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed at the property may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed and confirm availability to a property prior to purchasing on the broadband provider's website. Providers may increase charges. The information is provided and maintained by Stickee Technology Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.