Carriages, Christchurch Road, CR8
- Let available date:
- Let type:
- Long term
- Exclusively for over 60's
- Centrally located within minutes to Purley town centre
- Within a vibrant community
- Located within walking distance of local amenities
- Communal rooftop terrace with fabulous views
- Sky lounge ideal for relaxing
- Guest suite for visiting friends & family
- Social kitchen for entertaining
- Onsite Hosts to run social events and activities
The simple pleasures of being at home have been a central point of reference in the design of the development, and the resulting apartments are light, spacious and convenient, some with private roof terraces or gardens.
Architects Woods Bagot have designed the five-storey building with exposed brickwork, bronze features and a dark exterior covering. The development is situated just south of the old tracks of the Surrey Iron Railway; for many years its horse-drawn carriages transported freight goods from the North Downs to the Thames. The landscapers have found inspiration in this local history and, as a result, Carriages is bordered by coarse stone beds of wildflowers known as ballast gardens.
Whether you enjoy cooking for friends and family in your light and spacious apartment; relaxing with a novel in the social lounge; or returning after a busy day out to have a drink on the roof terrace; Carriages is always a sociable and relaxing place to call home.
Surrounded by parkland and golf courses, Purley is a green and affluent district. With excellent transport links from East Croydon station, the M23 and A22, its easy to enjoy everything that London and the South East has to offer.
On Brighton Road, you'll find local conveniences such as a bank, Post Office, pharmacy and opticians, while there are many boutiques, restaurants and independent coffee shops across the town. Two golf clubs, a literary society and an active debating society are just some of the local communities to get involved in, while the town's tree-lined parks lend themselves to leisurely strolls in all seasons.
Apartment 10 at Carriages in Purley is a beautifully presented one bedroom apartment situated on the first floor. This stylish and contemporary home spans approximately 630 sq ft of living space and features an open-plan layout throughout.
*Additional service charge applicable
Carriages, Christchurch Road, CR8
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Purley Station0.2 miles
- Purley Oaks Station0.7 miles
- Reedham (Surrey) Station0.8 miles
About the agent
Girlings is one of the UK’s leading retirement property letting agent, for 25 years we have been specialising in letting age exclusive homes allowing people over the age of 55 to continue to live independently in later life.
Currently we let and manage over 500 properties in over 277 developments throughout England, Scotland and Wales.
Girlings have helped many happy tenants make that first step into renting, and free from the burden of property maintenance, tenants enjoy living i
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference 27570. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Girlings Retirement Rentals, Taunton. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the average speed from the provider with the fastest broadband package available on comparethemarket.com at this postcode. The average speed displayed is based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm). Fibre/cable services at the postcode are subject to availability and may differ between properties within a postcode. Speeds can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed at the property may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed and confirm availability to a property prior to purchasing on the broadband provider's website. Providers may increase charges. The information is provided and maintained by Stickee Technology Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.