Pitts Lane, Kingsdon
- *****Completion anticipated mid-late 2022*****
- This absolutely stunning detached home with beautiful features and wonderful views to the south will no doubt be highly sought after
- Superb position occupying a 0.3 acre plot on the edge of the desirable village of Kingsdon, convenient for commuters
- A truly impressive design from start to finish, inside and out, that will be completed to exceptional standards
- Act now to take advantage your opportunity to choose your kitchen, bathrooms, tiles, flooring and colour scheme
- Delightful approach over a quiet lane, fantastic gardens, ample parking and integral double garage
- Covering in excess of 3200 sq ft - statement open plan kitchen/dining/living space, living room, study, utility, four double bedrooms, four bathrooms
- Buyers enjoy peace of mind with a 10 year ICW warranty
Attractively constructed of locally sourced Blue Lias stone, brick and oak cladding elevations sat beneath a pitched slate tiled roof. Built for 21st century living and covering in excess of 3000 sq ft this comfortable home will appeal to buyers across the board. Benefitting from in-roof solar panel system and a state-of-the-art air-source heat pump system providing underfloor heating on both floors.This delightful home will enjoy the following accommodation; reception hall with outlook over the garden and view, study, spectacular open plan living space ideal for large families or those who love to entertain having vaulted ceilings, bi-fold doors and full height glazed windows over the garden and terrace, beautifully fitted kitchen with large central island and plenty of space for both living and dining furniture, sizeable utility room with access to the double garage, cloakroom and side of the property. A living room provides further reception space and features a wood burning stove. For guests or those seeking ground floor living, a wonderful ground floor bedroom with bi-fold doors onto the garden and ensuite is perfect.
The light and comfortable accommodation continues on the first floor where there are three double bedrooms, all having a lovely outlook, two of which take in particularly stunning views over the garden and countryside beyond to the south and ensuite shower rooms. A fabulous family bathroom with bath and separate shower enclosure has a jack and jill door to the third bedroom.
Well positioned within its plot, which measures 0.3 acres, Harefield House enjoys a private position away from the road and approached over an attractive shared lane. A wide driveway at the front provides ample parking and leads up to the integral double garage, which is fitted with a remote control up and over door, power, light and door into the utility room. At the rear of the property, the considerable size garden will be attractively landscaped and laid to lawn, perfect for keen gardeners and families alike, comprising a full width stone terrace extending from the rear elevation, ideal for entertaining and also accessed from the living area and ground floor bedroom suite.
Kingsdon is a favoured village located in South Somerset. The amenities include a community run shop, village hall, allotments, recreation field, cricket field and popular gastropub the Kingsdon Inn. The market town of Somerton is just 3 miles offering excellent facilities to include a supermarket, shops, doctors' surgery, pharmacy, post office and a choice of eating places. Other nearby centres include Street; the home of Clarks Village, Glastonbury, Sherborne, Bruton and Yeovil providing shopping and business facilities. Kingsdon is situated amidst glorious countryside yet only five minutes drive from the A303 Podimore Junction enabling good access to the Home Counties and west to Devon and Cornwall.
Local private schools include Millfield School, Kings Bruton, Bruton School for Girls, Sherborne Girls, Sherborne School, Hazlegrove Prep and Wells Cathedral School. Kingsdon is within the catchment for Charlton Mackrell C of E Primary School and Huish Episcopi Academy, just rated one of the Top 10 schools in Somerset.
From Street follow the B3151 for approximately 7 miles passing Somerton. Take the second left turn for Kingsdon at the bottom of the hill into Lodge Road. Turn right onto Manor Road, continue and negotiate a right hand corner, passing the Kingsdon Inn on your left, turn immediately left onto Lower Road, after the Village Hall on your right, take a right into Pitts Lane and proceed along the lane to the left.
BrochuresProperty BrochureFull Details
Pitts Lane, Kingsdon
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Yeovil Pen Mill Station6.9 miles
About the agent
The company was originally founded in 1991 and Holland & Odam is now the leading independent estate agency in mid Somerset. We offer a comprehensive property service including sales, lettings and financial services.
We have always been committed to providing our customers with high-quality, independent advice based on outstanding local knowledge, commitment and professional expertise.
You'll find that our business is built on traditional values of loyalty and honesty, supported by
Stamp Duty calculator
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference 11066196. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by holland & odam, Street. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the average speed from the provider with the fastest broadband package available on comparethemarket.com at this postcode. The average speed displayed is based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm). Fibre/cable services at the postcode are subject to availability and may differ between properties within a postcode. Speeds can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed at the property may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed and confirm availability to a property prior to purchasing on the broadband provider's website. Providers may increase charges. The information is provided and maintained by Stickee Technology Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.