Cowes, Isle Of Wight
- SUBSTANTIAL PERIOD HOME
- SELF CONTAINED TWO BEDROOM APARTMENT
- FIVE BEDROOMS, THREE RECEPTION ROOMS
- SET IN APPROXIMATELY HALF AN ACRE
- LARGE GARDEN ROOM (34' x 24')
- LIGHT AND SPACIOUS ROOMS
- MANY PERIOD FEATURES
- LARGE SOUTH FACING GARDENS
Believed to have been built around 1915, this substantial period home provides extensive light and spacious accommodation which retains an array of original features, ranging from a particularly impressive fireplace in the drawing room to, picture rails, architraves and door furniture. The principal rooms face south over the lawned gardens and towards the golf course. There are UPVC framed double glazed windows throughout whilst the versatile accommodation is currently configured to include a self-contained apartment on the second floor from which there are some wonderful distant sea views. To the front of the property there is extensive parking whilst to the rear is a large lawned south facing garden with mature trees which backs onto the golf course with a useful store. The property extends to approximately half an acre.
Pleasantly located in one of the most sought-after residential roads in Cowes, approximately a mile from the town centre with boutique shops, bars and restaurants, as well as the famous yacht clubs and internationally renowned sailing facilities. The Red Jet high speed passenger ferry to Southampton also operates from the centre of Cowes. The popular village of Gurnard with its sailing club, two pubs, café and beach, from where stunning sunsets can be enjoyed, is within walking distance.
Part glazed front door with ornate canopy opening to
With coat hooks. Door leading to secondary staircase. Inner door opens to:
With oak flooring, original staircase and decorative fireplace making for an attractive entrance to the house. Double doors open to the:
A beautifully light and spacious room with a wide south facing bay window overlooking the rear garden and an impressive fireplace featuring brick chimney, with wood burning stove inset with windows to either side and framed by decorative pillared surround. Oak flooring and wide opening to:
With French doors opening to the south and west facing terrace.
A large versatile room with a generous seating area with an attractive open fireplace with part of the room used as a games room.
A really spacious room to the rear of the house (where there was once an indoor swimming pool), with a series of bi-fold doors across the southern and western elevations opening to the garden and adjacent terrace, currently providing a further seating and dining area.
Tiled throughout with a large walk-in shower, wash basin and WC. Heated towel rail.
Fitted with a range of wood fronted wall and base cupboards with worksurfaces, 1½ bowl sink unit, space for a range cooker with extractor above, as well as an under counter fridge and dishwasher.
Built in cupboards and worksurfaces with space for washing machine, dryer and American style fridge/freezer. Wall mounted Glow-Worm boiler.
With door to the eastern side elevation as well as leading to a covered link adjacent to the
from the driveway with steps leading up to a STORE ROOM situated above the garage with shower and wash basin.
Original staircase in the hall leads up past a half landing from which there are sea glimpses, to the
A particularly spacious bedroom with wide bay window overlooking the rear garden and golf course beyond. Extensive built-in wardrobe cupboards.
A beautifully light double bedroom with a wide window enjoying southerly views towards the golf course. Extensive built-in wardrobe cupboards and book shelving.
Currently used as a study, a dual aspect room with a westerly aspect and built-in cupboard.BATHROOM Tiled throughout. Fitted with a bath, separate shower, washbasin, WC and built-in cupboards incorporating hot water cylinder.
A double bedroom with built in cupboard.
A single/twin room with space for a desk and built-in cupboard.
Tiled throughout with a large walk-in shower, wash basin and WC.
Accessed via the secondary staircase from the entrance lobby (therefore not requiring access through the main house).
With store cupboard.
A particularly light room with a wide window overlooking the garden and golf course. Built-in kitchen units with integral appliances including oven, four ring electric hob, dishwasher and washing machine. Worksurfaces and sink unit. Space for seating and dining areas.
BEDROOM 7 A large bedroom with various built-in cupboards. Distant views across the Western Solent towards Hurst Castle.Built-in cupboards.
Wonderful easterly views including across The Solent to Southampton Water.
Shower, washbasin and wc.
A wide opening within the stone wall fronting Baring Road opens to an extensive parking area. The gardens lie to the rear of the house and are south-facing and comprise an extensive terrace beyond which is the level lawned and fenced garden with some mature oak trees. There is a gated access onto the golf course (which can only be used by members) in addition to a useful STORE. A former garage adjoining the house now forms a useful WORKSHOP.
Mains water, electricity, drainage and gas. Gas fired central heating.
All viewings will be strictly by prior arrangement with the sole selling agents, Spence Willard.
1. Particulars: These particulars are not an offer or contract, nor part of one. You should not rely on statements by Spence Willard in the particulars or by word of mouth or in writing ("information") as being factually accurate about the property, its condition or its value. Neither Spence Willard nor any joint agent has any authority to make any representations about the property, and accordingly any information given is entirely without responsibility on the part of the agents, seller(s) or lessor(s). 2. Photos etc: The photographs show only certain parts of the property as they appeared at the time they were taken. Areas, measurements and distances given are approximate only. 3. Regulations etc: Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property does not mean that any necessary planning, building regulations or other consent has been obtained. A buyer or lessee must find out by inspection or in other ways that these matters have been properly dealt with and that all information is correct. 4. VAT: The VAT position relating to the property may change without notice.
Cowes, Isle Of Wight
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Ryde Pier Head Station7.0 miles
About the agent
A well established team with a proven track record of selling quality property across the Island. This Independent Estate Agency has a prominent and dynamic sales team providing clients with an effective, professional service in sales and lettings of property across the Island.
The team have successfully sold a diverse range of properties including waterfront houses and apartments, farms & equestrian property, cottages and Manor houses. We aim to combine great contacts with the latest t
Stamp Duty calculator
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference 100523009000. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Spence Willard, Cowes. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the average speed from the provider with the fastest broadband package available on comparethemarket.com at this postcode. The average speed displayed is based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm). Fibre/cable services at the postcode are subject to availability and may differ between properties within a postcode. Speeds can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed at the property may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed and confirm availability to a property prior to purchasing on the broadband provider's website. Providers may increase charges. The information is provided and maintained by Stickee Technology Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.