Alpha Road, Cambridge, CB4
- Quiet location convenient for the City
- Two bedrooms and one bed attached annexe
- Parking for two cars
- Enclosed rear garden
- No onward chain
- EPC Rating = E
44 Alpha Road is a modern semi-detached house built of brick with a tiled roof and double glazed windows throughout.
The house which is located on a quiet road off from Chesterton Road backs onto Alexandra Gardens which has a large play area for children and a lawn bowls green used by the Alexandra and Beehive Bowling Club.
The property which measures approximately 1410 square foot was built in the mid 1960s and is currently arranged as a two bed house with an attached one bed annexe - but could be readily altered to provide a further bedroom and reception room.
The main house is accessed through a door on the side of the house which leads into the hall. On the left the hall opens into a large L-shaped kitchen breakfast room. Beyond a conservatory with bi-folding doors opens out to the garden. There are a wide array of floor and wall mounted units with plumbing for a dishwasher and washing machine.
Upstairs there are two well-appointed bedrooms overlooking the rear garden and Alexandra Gardens beyond. At the front a large reception room spans the width of the house and has access to good size balcony with a south westerly aspect. The family bathroom could benefit from a cosmetic refurbishment.
The annexe comprises a bedroom, reception room, and kitchen area and can be accessed through the house or a separate front door leading directly into the reception room.
Outside at the front there is parking for two cars and to the rear is an enclosed garden laid mainly to lawn with deep borders stocked with mature shrubs and perennials. There is a useful shed.
• Situated close to the heart of Cambridge city centre and backing on to Alexandra Gardens – a pleasant green space with fenced-in play area and sheltered bowling green and pavilion.
• Chesterton Road runs along the bottom of Alpha Road with views towards Jesus Lock Footbridge, over the river Cam and neighbouring Jesus Green - a large six acre public park which hosts a number of formal and informal recreational, charitable and sporting activities.
• Comprehensive shopping facilities are available in Cambridge and includes The Grand Arcade and Grafton Centre shopping malls, a busy daily market and a number of independent shops.
• Close at hand are extensive cultural amenities including a variety of museums, cinemas and theatres, along with the Cambridge Colleges, 31 in all, and punting is available at nearby Quayside. There are a number of popular public houses and restaurants in the vicinity including Midsummer House and Restaurant 22.
• Schools in all age groups in both the state and independent sectors are available in Cambridge close at hand such as St Luke’s Primary, Chesterton Community College, and St John’s College and King’s College Schools.
• Cambridge railway station has services to London from around 50 minutes.
(All distances and times are approximate)
Square Footage: 1,410 sq ft
Alpha Road, Cambridge, CB4
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Cambridge Station1.6 miles
- Cambridge North1.9 miles
- Shelford Station4.6 miles
About the agent
With over 160 years of experience, over 600 offices globally - including 130 in the UK, and thousands of potential buyers and tenants on our database, we'll make sure your property gets in front of the right people. And once you’ve sold your property, we’re here to help you move on to the next stage of your journey.
Whether buying or renting a house, flat, country estate or waterside property, our experts make it their busin
Stamp Duty calculator
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference CAS210042. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Savills, Cambridge. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the average speed from the provider with the fastest broadband package available on comparethemarket.com at this postcode. The average speed displayed is based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm). Fibre/cable services at the postcode are subject to availability and may differ between properties within a postcode. Speeds can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed at the property may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed and confirm availability to a property prior to purchasing on the broadband provider's website. Providers may increase charges. The information is provided and maintained by Stickee Technology Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.