Canton Street, Southampton
- Beautiful Victorian Terraced home
- Central Southampton location within a short walk of town Centre and Train Station
- Extended open plan kitchen/dining/living area opening onto pretty courtyard garden
- Two double bedrooms both with handmade bespoke wardrobes
- Four piece bathroom suite
- Charming sitting room with log burner
- Downstairs WC
- Permit parking on this quiet residential road
- No forward chain
The accommodation is exceptionally light and airy throughout and flows particularly well, enjoying excellent living and entertaining space which was thoughtfully created and extended by the current homeowner. Accessed from the hallway is the downstairs cloakroom and cellar together with the main reception areas. The principal living space is located at the rear of the property where there is a stunning open-plan kitchen/dining/family room, which certainly is the ‘hub-of-the-house’. The bespoke kitchen comprises a stainless steel Neff hob with back splash and Neff double oven, together with an integral dishwasher, washing machine and fridge freezer. The kitchen cupboards are hand-made, completing the charming feel of this home. There is the benefit of a breakfast bar, which connects nicely with the dining/family area, which extends out onto the courtyard style garden. You will be impressed by the glass roof extension together with the Oak beams in this room, which floods light in all year round. To the front of this home you will find the traditionally elegant sitting room, which certainly impresses with the fitted wood burning stove, solid wood flooring, period coving and architraves and handmade shelving and storage cupboards. From the hallway you will follow a set of stairs down to the Cellar, which has an open brick surround fireplace with storage fitted to one side. There are gorgeous white wooden beams on the ceiling, and this room is centrally heated with a window to the front of the property.
Upstairs there are two double bedrooms, both of which benefit from handmade built in wardrobes. There is also a four piece bathroom suite has which has been attractively fitted with a Jacuzzi bath and double shower.
The property has on street permit parking on a quiet residential road, with a good-sized rear garden with bespoke shed. The garden has been designed with low maintenance in mind interspersed with patio and areas with well stocked planting to create a tranquil and private courtyard style space. The front of the property has a gate that opens to a path leading to the front door.
This home is perfectly positioned within Southampton an exciting, thriving city in an incredible location. While within easy reach of London by Southampton Central Rail Station(0.48 miles) or road (M3 accessed via the avenue 3.43 miles), it also boasts all manner of amenities including two fantastic universities, an airport, ferry port, cruise port, two large shopping centres, independent stores, theatres, galleries, cinemas, green spaces such as Southampton Common which has over 300 acres of parkland. The area also boasts several restaurants, cafes and independent shops. There is something for everyone to see and do.
Mains gas, electricity, water and drainage.
EPC rating C.
Council Tax Band: D
BrochuresProperty BrochureFull Details
Canton Street, Southampton
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Southampton Central Station0.5 miles
- St. Denys Station1.0 miles
- Millbrook Station1.2 miles
About the agent
Hamilton Parkers, Romsey
Hamilton Parkers, Basepoint Business Centre, 1 Winnall Valley Rd, Winchester, SO23 0LD
Hamilton Parkers is an independent estate agency based in Hampshire, United Kingdom. Hamilton Parkers services are Residential Sales, Residential Lettings, Land and New Homes, Park Homes, Commercial and International Property. The company has agents covering a vast area within the region from country to coast in Hampshire, Wiltshire and Dorset.
As exclusive members of The Guild of Property Professionals, Hamilton Parkers can pos
Stamp Duty calculator
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference 11150651. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Hamilton Parkers, Romsey. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the average speed from the provider with the fastest broadband package available on comparethemarket.com at this postcode. The average speed displayed is based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm). Fibre/cable services at the postcode are subject to availability and may differ between properties within a postcode. Speeds can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed at the property may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed and confirm availability to a property prior to purchasing on the broadband provider's website. Providers may increase charges. The information is provided and maintained by Stickee Technology Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.