Pound Pool, Somerton
- Well-proportioned detached property with scope to extend (subject to planning permission and necessary consents
- Two reception rooms; sitting room with open fire and a dining room with sliding doors onto the garden
- Attractive kitchen with oak work tops, utility room and cloakroom
- Three double bedrooms all having built in wardrobes and serviced by a large family bathroom
- Private wrap around garden, garage and ample parking
- Conveniently position near the heart of this much-loved market town
- Available with no onward chain
Welcomed in the entrance hall, the staircase ascends to the first floor and oak doors lead to a useful ground floor cloakroom, the kitchen and sitting room. There is an easy flow to house with all rooms being easily accessible. The sitting room features an oak floor and a cosy open fire. Continue into the dining room where the oak floor continues, large sliding doors open onto the garden and there is plenty of space for a dining table and chairs. The kitchen is fitted with a range of cream base, wall and drawer units with oak work tops. There is space for an American fridge/freezer, range style cooker and a dishwasher. Continue through a stable door into the utility room, which also provides access to the garden and is fitted with base units, sink and space for washing machine and tumble dryer.
On the first floor, a good size landing leads it off to three double bedrooms and the family bathroom, an excellent size affords a panelled bath, separate shower enclosure and built-in units incorporating the WC and wash basin. There is also a large airing cupboard. All bedrooms enjoy the convenience of built-in wardrobes with plenty of room still for freestanding furniture.
At the front a large shared driveway with ample turning space and parking for multiple vehicles is conveniently approached from Pound Pool, the front garden is laid to gravel for ease of maintenance and planted with established shrub borders and feature pond. On the front elevation a large lean-to provides a seating area and access to the garage, fitted with an up and over door, power, light, window and pedestrian door into the garden. The rear garden wraps around the property providing a number different areas, including a lawn, seating area and well stocked with a variety of small trees, shrubs and borders. A gate provides a useful side access to the front.
Somerton is a charming town with a Market Square, dating back to the Saxon times and offers excellent facilities including a supermarket, gift shops, doctor’s surgery, pharmacy, post office, library, a choice of pubs, bistros and restaurants and St Michaels and All Angels Church. Other nearby places include Street the home of Clarks Village, the historic towns of Wells, Glastonbury, Sherborne and Yeovil providing shopping and business facilities. Huish Episcopi Academy just rated one of the Top 10 schools in Somerset are within the catchment for state schooling. The A303 (Podimore) is just 5 miles enabling good access to the Home Counties, Devon and Cornwall. Castle Cary 8 miles (direct Paddington train-line) and Taunton M5 25 miles.
Proceeding along the B3151 from Street, as you approach Somerton turn right onto the B3165 and continue up the hill to a mini roundabout. At the mini roundabout go straight ahead and follow the road and at the end of the road you bear left. Willows is located on your right hand side before reaching the mini-roundabout.
BrochuresProperty BrochureFull Details
Pound Pool, Somerton
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Yeovil Pen Mill Station9.3 miles
About the agent
The company was originally founded in 1991 and Holland & Odam is now the leading independent estate agency in mid Somerset. We offer a comprehensive property service including sales, lettings and financial services.
We have always been committed to providing our customers with high-quality, independent advice based on outstanding local knowledge, commitment and professional expertise.
You'll find that our business is built on traditional values of loyalty and honesty, supported by
Stamp Duty calculator
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference 11158700. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by holland & odam, Street. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the average speed from the provider with the fastest broadband package available on comparethemarket.com at this postcode. The average speed displayed is based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm). Fibre/cable services at the postcode are subject to availability and may differ between properties within a postcode. Speeds can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed at the property may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed and confirm availability to a property prior to purchasing on the broadband provider's website. Providers may increase charges. The information is provided and maintained by Stickee Technology Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.