2 Roxburghe Terrace, Dunbar, East Lothian, EH42 1LW
- Stunning & spacious 5 bed period terraced house
- Sought after location with garden & sea views
- Generous rooms with original & contemporary finishes
- Welcoming hallway with impressive staircase
- Large kitchen/dining/sitting room with woodburning stove
- Utility, additional storage & WC
- Drawing room with bay window & fireplace
- Four double bedrooms & single bedroom
- Bathroom & shower room
- Gas central heating & partial double glazing
By appt tel Agent
Rarely available, impressive and generous period terraced house arranged over three floors with an enclosed garden and wonderful sea views. Situated in a sought after location within this popular town and in easy walking distance of local amenities and the train station. This well presented property has a blend of period and contemporary finishes with large bay windows, an impressive staircase, original doors, fireplaces and flooring. Modern bathrooms and a stylish kitchen add to the appeal of this delightful home. On the ground floor a welcoming hallway leads to the large kitchen/dining/sitting room with ample room for dining and a well planned kitchen area with wood burning stove. There is also a utility room, WC and further storage. On the first floor there is an impressive drawing room, double and bedroom 5/study, a bathroom and shower room and on the second floor there are three double bedrooms. The enclosed landscaped rear garden is planted with a variety of shrubs and trees with patio area and lawn. To the front there is an attractive mature garden.
Historic Dunbar, which is surrounded by fantastic scenery, is a vibrant thriving town with a real sense of community. There is a bustling high street with an excellent selection of independent and artisan shops, restaurants and galleries with the convenience of a large supermarket on the outskirts. There are excellent schools in the area. The two colourful working harbours beneath the ruined castle are the hub of the town and the Harbour Trust is an active part of local life. The Dunbar Battery has recently been spectacularly restored to create a unique open-air venue with an amphitheatre and a coastal garden. There is also a leisure centre with a swimming pool and a newly opened platinum fitness centre, two golf courses, beautiful sandy beaches, spectacular cliff top walks and the John Muir Country Park. The town is also home to Coast to Coast, Scotland’s largest surfing school. The convenience of easy access to Edinburgh City Centre by train (25 minutes) or via a regular bus service and access to the A1 and City Bypass is easy and straightforward, which combined with accessibility to Newcastle and the South by train or car adds to the appeal of this sought-after town.
Fixtures and Fittings
The carpets, curtains, blinds and light fittings throughout (with the exception of the drawing room curtains, and the light fittings in the drawing room, sitting room and double bedroom 1). Together with the gas hob, oven, microwave, dishwasher, washing machine and American style fridge/freezer. The bike store, log store and garden shed are also included in the sale price. The property benefits from partial double glazing and gas central heating.
2 Roxburghe Terrace, Dunbar, East Lothian, EH42 1LW
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Dunbar Station0.3 miles
About the agent
Simpson & Marwick are leading residential property estate agents and solicitors in Edinburgh and East Lothian. We can help you buy and sell quality property from city centre apartments to rural family homes.
However what makes us different to other estate agents and solicitors is our unique approach to buying and selling residential property.
The Simpson & Marwick Way. We put you at the heart of everything we do so we can do our very best to achieve your
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference 181015. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Simpson & Marwick, North Berwick. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the average speed from the provider with the fastest broadband package available on comparethemarket.com at this postcode. The average speed displayed is based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm). Fibre/cable services at the postcode are subject to availability and may differ between properties within a postcode. Speeds can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed at the property may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed and confirm availability to a property prior to purchasing on the broadband provider's website. Providers may increase charges. The information is provided and maintained by Stickee Technology Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.