Church Lane, Meare
- Detached barn conversion standing in 0.33 acres and affording a peaceful rural location
- There are five good bedrooms and two bathrooms on the first floor
- On the ground floor, sitting room, dining room, snug/study, kitchen, utility and cloakroom
- Ample parking at the side for several vehicles, including a caravan or boat
- Lovely gardens to the rear enjoying a southerly aspect with rural views
- Oil fired central heating and double glazing
From the entrance hall, doors provide access to the two principle reception rooms, utility, cloakroom and kitchen. Stairs also rise to the first floor landing. The sitting room benefits from a stone inglenook fireplace with wood burning stove, two windows to the rear and an exposed brick and beam partition wall. A door from here opens into the snug, which could also be utilised as a dining room, having a fireplace and double doors opening into the kitchen. Here, there are a range of oak fronted units, with space for an electric cooker, integrated dishwasher and featuring an oil fired 'AGA'. Windows open to the front and there is a stable door to the side. Finally on the ground floor, and accessed from the hall, is the dining room. This has a window to the side and double doors out onto the patio, it could easily be utilised as a second sitting room.
Onto the first floor landing where there are five bedrooms and a family bathroom. The master bedroom comprises a range of mirror fronted wardrobes, a window to the side and then double doors opening onto a balcony. Ideal for sitting out and taking in the lovely southerly views over the garden, fields and to Glastonbury Tor in the distance. A door also opens into the en-suite bathroom, comprising of a panelled bath and separate shower enclosure. Bedrooms two and three also enjoy a rear facing aspect, with bedrooms four and five at the front, taking rural views towards the Mendip Hills in the distance. Last of all is the family bathroom complete with a panelled bath and shower over, wash hand basin and a WC.
Church Lane leads to the property and a large driveway, with parking available for several vehicles, including a caravan or boat. From here, a gate opens into the garden which in the main is laid to lawn with a rose walk to a pergola, garden sheds and a wide variety of mature trees, shrubs and flower beds including roses, a copper beech, silver birch, an old apple tree and many others. A patio terrace extends from the rear of the house, all of which enjoy a great degree of seclusion and privacy, standing in approx 0.33 acres.
Meare is a rural village set on the picturesque Somerset Levels to the West of Glastonbury. The village provides primary school, Parish Church, rural store with lots of provisions and a garage. The popular towns of Glastonbury and Street together provide an attractive range of facilities. Glastonbury is best known for it's Tor and Abbey Ruins. Street is famous as the home of Clarks Shoes and Clarks factory shopping centre. Meare is also convenient for private education with Millfield school, both Senior and Prep, being within 3-5 miles, also the Cathedral school in Wells, being some 7 miles distance.
Follow the B3151 into Meare passing the landmark of the 'Abbots Fish House' on your right. Church Lane can be found a little further along on the left hand side. Turn here and proceed to the end of the lane, where Church Lane house will be along on the right hand side, just as the lane bears around to the left.
BrochuresProperty BrochureFull Details
Church Lane, Meare
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Highbridge & Burnham Station9.1 miles
About the agent
The company was founded in 1991 and rebranded as Holland and Odam in 2017. We are now the leading independent estate agency in mid Somerset and offer a comprehensive property service including sales, lettings and financial services.
We have always been committed to providing our customers with high-quality, independent advice based on outstanding local knowledge, commitment and professional expertise.
You'll find that our business is built on traditional values of loyalty and hone
Stamp Duty calculator
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference 11174323. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by holland & odam, Glastonbury. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the average speed from the provider with the fastest broadband package available on comparethemarket.com at this postcode. The average speed displayed is based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm). Fibre/cable services at the postcode are subject to availability and may differ between properties within a postcode. Speeds can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed at the property may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed and confirm availability to a property prior to purchasing on the broadband provider's website. Providers may increase charges. The information is provided and maintained by Stickee Technology Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.