18 2F1 Bruntsfield Avenue, Edinburgh EH10 4EW
- Spacious C-Listed 2nd floor flat
- Requires fulll modernisation and offers scope for 2nd bedroom
- Period features including cornicing and marble fireplace
- Elegant bay-windowed sitting room with box room
- Living room with galley kitchen off
- Stone tenement with recently overhauled roof
- Zoned parking in this popular cobbled street
Tel Agent or
**CLOSING DATE SET WEDNESDAY 10TH NOVEMBER @ 12 NOON** This generously proportioned Victorian second floor flat (81 sqm) offers tremendous potential for possible reconfiguration to create an additional bedroom. Part of a substantial C-Listed cream sandstone tenement (Circa 1870), the property has timeless character and retains original sash-and-casement windows, marble fireplace and ornate cornicing. It will appeal to purchasers of all age groups and developers/investors prepared to undertake complete modernisation (which has already been reflected in the mortgage valuation figure). The current layout offers a classic bay-windowed sitting room/bedroom 1 with box room off, living room leading to a small galley kitchen, good sized double bedroom and a bright bathroom. The building has benefitted from an extensive overhaul of the roof amounting to £22,000 in recent years and there is a secure entry system.
There is an enclosed communal garden to rear.
The area provides ample zoned permit parking for the residents.
Right on the boundary with Merchiston and Morningside, Bruntsfield Avenue is a tranquil cobbled street which is quite literally only yards away from numerous coffee shops, bars and take-away facilities. It is also a pleasant stroll away from the canal, Tollcross (Edinburgh's new financial/exchange sector) and the vibrant West End. Haymarket rail station is also readily accessible and excellent bus services operate. There are numerous open recreational areas, sports facilities, cinemas, theatres and off-road cycle tracks available within the immediate vicinity.
It has been valued at £275,000 for mortgage purposes to reflect the requirement for modernisation and the Home Report is available from the ESPOC web site.
The property lies in band D and has a E-rated Energy Performance Certificate
Early viewing is recommended - telephone Agent out with office hours).
Sitting Room/Bedroom 1
3.59m x 6.33m
A versatile public room (or master bedroom) with cornicing, marble fireplace and sunny aspect. It gives access to handy box room
2.13m x 1.63m
A useful store offering scope for alteration
Living Room with galley kitchen off
3.66m x 4.27m
A rear facing living/dining room with walk-in cupboard and access to galley kitchen
2.88m x 4.39m
A front-facing double bedroom
A bright bathroom with bath, wash hand basin and W.C.
18 2F1 Bruntsfield Avenue, Edinburgh EH10 4EW
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Haymarket Station0.7 miles
- Edinburgh Waverley Station1.3 miles
- Slateford Station1.5 miles
About the agent
Drummond Miller Property are a one stop shop for estate agency, conveyancing and lettings. Our highly experienced team is committed to delivering more by offering great communication plus a transparent and personable service tailored to meet a variety of needs and budgets. We have a network of five offices across central Scotland and a dedicated team of people on hand to provide the personal service you expect and deserve.
We make the process of selling your property
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference 182276. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Drummond Miller, Edinburgh. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the average speed from the provider with the fastest broadband package available on comparethemarket.com at this postcode. The average speed displayed is based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm). Fibre/cable services at the postcode are subject to availability and may differ between properties within a postcode. Speeds can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed at the property may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed and confirm availability to a property prior to purchasing on the broadband provider's website. Providers may increase charges. The information is provided and maintained by Stickee Technology Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.