Westbrook Farm, Hollow Lane, Kingsley, Cheshire, WA6 8EF
- Farmhouse & Outbuildings in central village location
- Opportunity to create an impressive family home
- Full planning permission granted for subdivision and conversion of house and outbuildings into multiple dwellings.
- Additional land available by separate negotiation
Guide Price - Offers In Excess Of £675,000
Enjoying a central village location in the heart of rural Cheshire, yet only 3 miles from the market town of Frodsham, Westbrook Farm is situated in an accessible countryside location that is still convenient for regular commuting.
Westbrook Farm is a former stock farm that has been in the same family for three generations. It comprises a Farmhouse with annex adjoining and a range of traditional buildings. The property also benefits from full planning consent for the conversion of the farmhouse into two dwellings and the traditional barns into four dwellings with associated garages.
It provides the opportunity for someone to put their stamp on a large family home, or to make use of the planning permission and develop an exclusive residential development.
LOCATION & VILLAGE INFORMATION
Westbrook Farm is located in the heart of Kingsley Village. Kingsley is a popular rural Cheshire village with a thriving community all within close proximity of Delamere Forest. There is an excellent range of local facilities including a village store, post office, two schools, pub, churches and a pharmacy, along with plenty of activities such as Kingsley Cricket Club or Zumba, Yoga and Pilates at Kingsley Village Hall.
FRODSHAM - 3 MILES NORTHWICH - 8 MILES
The nearby towns of Frodsham and Northwich provide a wider range of shops, services and facilities. The road, rail and motorway networks in this area allow for easy commuting. The historic city of Chester is approximately 12 miles away and provides a wealth of shops, services,
places to eat and drink along with museums and historical features such as the Chester Walls and the Roman Amphitheatre.
In brief the current accommodation comprises, a painted stone and L shaped farmhouse with a tiled roof. Inside there is a kitchen, pantry and three reception rooms on the ground floor, along with three bedrooms and a main bathroom on the first floor. The adjoining annex comprises a former dairy with stone slab floor, kitchen, lobby and living room, with two bedrooms on the first floor and an attic room on the second floor. The farmhouse and annex are in need of renovation and modernisation throughout.
Full planning permission under 17/04305/FUL has been granted for the following development: Conversion of traditional farm buildings into four dwellings. Alteration and subdivision of existing farmhouse to two dwellings. Conversion of traditional farm building to provide garages and stores. Construction of a new garage. A further application for Discharge of
Conditions 3, 5, 8 and 11 of 17/04305/FUL has also been approved.
Full details available from the selling agent.
The rear door gives access straight into the kitchen, currently with a small range of units and a tiled floor.
Up a step into the living room complete with beamed ceiling and a range. There is also a side door with stairs leading to the upstairs floor.
Off the living room is a useful pantry/storage space. The electrics are also housed in this room.
Through a hallway into the side room located at the front of the property. This room could be used as an office or snug.
FRONT LIVING ROOM
Off the hallway is a large living room with a door leading out onto the front garden. The position of the windows in this room allow light to come flooding in.
A double bedroom located at the front of the property.
Another spacious double bedroom with views to the front of the property.
A double bedroom with views onto the courtyard and traditional barns.
Bathroom with pink bath, wash hand basin and toilet.
A single room that has been used for storage.
Adjoining the main farmhouse is the annex, which we understand may have been the original farmhouse. The annex is accessed via a wooden door off the courtyard into a former dairy with stone slab floor. There is a kitchen, lobby and former living room. On the first floor are two double bedrooms and a further staircase leading to the second floor and two attic rooms.
There is a lawned garden to the front and side of the property. The cobbled driveway wraps around the side of the property to the rear where there is a large courtyard.
There is a large range of traditional buildings surrounding the courtyard, all of which have planning consent for conversion to four dwellings and associated garaging. In brief the current buildings are as follows:
- Brick and tile traditional building formerly a cart house and two loose boxes.
- Brick two storey range with tiled roof forming a store with loft above, drift house and second store with loft over. To the rear of this building is a dilapidated timber and corrugated iron lean-to.
- Brick two storey range with tile roof, formerly a cow shippon with loft above and isolation box.
Attached single storey rendered brick walled dairy with tiled roof and stairs to loft.
The property sits on a plot of 0.72 acre, and a further area of land is available by separate negotiation.
The property has mains water, electric and sewage.
There is currently no central heating in the farmhouse.
Westbrook Farm - E
Westbrook Farm Annex - A
EPC - G
We asked that all viewings of the property are made by prior appointment with the selling agents, by calling the office.
Health and Safety: Please note that care should be taken on site, even when accompanied. Strictly no children are allowed at the viewings. Rostons as the agent take no responsibility for any loss or damage caused when viewing the property.
Heading out of Frodsham, drive along the B5152 for approximately 2.5 miles. At the fork take the left turn onto Hollow Lane. Travel along Hollow Lane heading towards the centre of Kingsley Village. The property is located on the left before the Co-op.
Westbrook Farm, Hollow Lane, Kingsley, Cheshire, WA6 8EF
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Frodsham Station2.7 miles
- Delamere Station2.8 miles
- Acton Bridge Station3.1 miles
About the agent
Sell with Rostons
With years of Rural property experience Rostons is the ideal multi disciplined
team to sell your property. Our team comprises:
- Rostons Rural - led by Tony Rimmer and Alice Kearns they have extensive experience in selling any of the following: Farms, smallholdings, land, pony paddocks, barns with planning permission, development plots.
- Rostons Village and Country - led by Robert Ikin and Sue Goldstone they have decades of expe
Stamp Duty calculator
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference CP10607. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Rostons, Hatton Heath. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the average speed from the provider with the fastest broadband package available on comparethemarket.com at this postcode. The average speed displayed is based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm). Fibre/cable services at the postcode are subject to availability and may differ between properties within a postcode. Speeds can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed at the property may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed and confirm availability to a property prior to purchasing on the broadband provider's website. Providers may increase charges. The information is provided and maintained by Stickee Technology Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.