Blackwood Road, Milngavie, Glasgow
Tenure: Please confirm if this is a freehold property with Rettie & Co
• Stunning setting backing onto golf course
• Views of Campsie Fells
• Set upon an amazing plot
• Fantastic rear garden – south/west facing
• Versatile layout across seven principal apartments
• Sizeable floored loft
• Integral garage and driveway parking
• Douglas Academy catchment
An individual commission by John Russell, this impressive family villa was designed to take advantage of its delightful position atop Blackwood Road, backing onto Clober Golf Club and with tremendous views towards the Campsie Fells from its front elevation. The property, measuring to approx. 1,602 ft2, will provide comfortable accommodation for any growing or established family and, subject to necessary permissions and building warrants, would offer ample room for further augmentation depending on requirements. Modernisation required but, that said, first hand inspection will immediately showcase this property’s inherent value.
Summary of Accommodation
- Entrance vestibule
- Reception hallway
- Dining Room
- Sitting room
- Four bedrooms
- Family bathroom
Externally, the property enjoys the most attractive gardens to the rear – beautifully stocked, well established and expertly maintained over the years. The golf course backdrop only adds further appeal. Off street driveway parking and a sizeable integral garage also to be found.
The property is located just to the north of Clober Golf Course and is within a mile of Milngavie’s Village Centre and is not far from the expanses of Allander Park and, thereafter, the hectares of Drumclog Moor and Mugdock Country Park. Local schooling would be Milngavie Primary, with secondary at the superb facilities of the nearby Douglas Academy.
Whilst this property, undoubtedly, will require some investment by way of modernising and upgrading, this has been price reflected and allows the market wonderful scope to import their own taste, style and budget.
SAT NAV REF: G62 7LB
EPC Rating: D
Blackwood Road, Milngavie, Glasgow
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Milngavie Station0.8 miles
- Hillfoot Station2.1 miles
- Bearsden Station2.3 miles
About the agent
Set in the heart of historic Bearsden, just six miles to the northwest of Glasgow's city centre, our office boasts unrivalled local knowledge and connections.
Since Rettie Bearsden was established in 2012, our team have built a reputation as the most innovative property experts in the region, offering the friendly, personal service for which Rettie & Co. is renowned.
We are perfectly positioned to help with all your property requi
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference BXL210565. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Rettie & Co, Bearsden. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the average speed from the provider with the fastest broadband package available on comparethemarket.com at this postcode. The average speed displayed is based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm). Fibre/cable services at the postcode are subject to availability and may differ between properties within a postcode. Speeds can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed at the property may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed and confirm availability to a property prior to purchasing on the broadband provider's website. Providers may increase charges. The information is provided and maintained by Stickee Technology Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.