Main Street, Ashby De La Launde, LINCOLN
- BEAUTIFULLY RENOVATED STONE AND SLATE BARNS COMPLEX
- APPROXIMATELY 34 ACRES
- TWO SELF-CONTAINED HOLIDAY LETS
- FANTASTIC EQUESTRIAN FACILITIES
- FURTHER BUSINESS POTENTIAL IS POSSIBLE
*** GUIDE PRICE £1,300,000 - £1,500,000 *** APPROXIMATELY 34 ACRES, beautifully converted barns complex. IDYLLIC SETTING surrounded by PADDOCKS and WOODLAND. Popular village between SLEAFORD and LINCOLN. A COUNTRY RETREAT with the additional benefit of income via TWO HOLIDAY LETS. MUST BE VIEWED!!
A country retreat with approximately 34 acres, The Old Granary is a beautiful stone and slate barn conversion offering substantial accommodation to include two self-contained annexes. The property is located at the end of a long driveway being set back from the road and having an idyllic setting, surrounded by open paddock land and woodlands. Externally the property boasts an impressive array of equestrian facilities including six main stables, a flood lit manege, a sizeable workshop/barn, four further pony stables, tack room and field store. The acreage itself is separated off in to paddocks, lawns and woodland making it suitable for multiple horse activities, equestrian centre/livery/stud and for those looking for further business potential to include camping/caravan site, log cabins, glamping or wedding venue. All in all, this property simply must be viewed to appreciate everything it has to offer!!
The Old Granary
An impressive stone barn previously used as farm buildings, The Old Granary was sympathetically renovated to offer modern contemporary living whilst retaining the original character features such as the exposed brickwork, stonework and timber beams. The size of the property gives the potential for multiple family living whilst the extent of the plot offers far reaching views over paddock land and sights of wildlife including deer. The property is approached via a long gravel driveway which leads to the right hand side and rear giving access to the stables, workshop and floodlit manege.
"A beautifully renovated barns complex set in approximately 34 acres
"25ft dining kitchen with double range oven, central island and marble surfaces
"Drawing room with floor to ceiling windows and log burner
"Formal lounge with log burner, flagstone floor and solid oak staircase with galleried landing
"Further ground floor rooms include a walk-in pantry, utility room, office and shower room
"Master bedroom with dressing room and bathroom, guest bedroom with en-suite
"Three ground floor bedrooms, one with en-suite and others served by additional bathroom
"Attractive enclosed courtyard with pond, paved barbecue area and lawn
"Ample off road parking for a wide range of vehicles
"Underfloor heating, built-in vacuum system and fibre optic Wi-Fi
The Little Barn
A two bedroom holiday let that has underfloor heating throughout and comprises additional accommodation including a lounge, kitchen and bathroom. The kitchen has integrated appliances to include an oven, induction hob, extractor, fridge freezer, washing machine and dishwasher. The Little Barn has additional features to include tiled floors, a solid wood floor in the lounge and exposed beams throughout. The property is completed by its own enclosed terraced garden.
The Store Room
A one bedroom holiday let that has underfloor heating throughout. Adopting open plan living, the property has an open plan living kitchen with a reclaimed oak floor and integrated appliances to include an oven, induction hob, extractor, dishwasher and fridge. The bedroom and shower rooms have tiled floors and the property has exposed beams throughout and its own enclosed cottage style garden with seating area.
Measuring approximately 69' x 40', the workshop offers the ability to be used for a wide range of things. Currently used from a hobby perspective, there is the potential for it to be used as a commercial unit with the relevant planning. The workshop itself benefits from three-phase power, a large roller shutter door, fixed benching and work surfaces, oil fired workshop heater and a four post vehicle ramp for under-car maintenance and inspection. There is also an adjoining building housing a WC and sink.
Additional Storage Area
Used for equestrian storage to include hay, straw and a horsebox, this area has vehicular access via full width double sliding doors and is also used to store a ride-on mower. It is separated from the hay barn via a partition wall that could be easily removed to make it one large outbuilding
What The Vendors Say
When we found The Old Granary 25 years ago, it was love at first sight due to its gorgeous peaceful location. The fantastic stone and slate barns which date back to 1847 were the original farm buildings belonging to Ashby Hall. We have lovingly renovated the property keeping many of the original features. The living room is our favourite with it's stunning views over open countryside. The underfloor heating throughout makes it so warm and cosy after a cold morning out with the horses.
We have enjoyed turning this into a fantastic home for our family to grow up in. With the south facing courtyard being a favourite place for a get together with friends and family. many birthday and anniversaries being spent here. The woodland has allowed us to venture away from home for cook outs and camping without leaving our own land. One of our highlights in the winter is the toasty log burners and having a magical 14ft Christmas tree in the granary.
The stables and workshop have allowed us both to enjoy our interests, Paula and the girls with their horses and ponies and me with my passion of all things with engines and wheels. As the years have passed and the family have grown up and moved away, we have made the most of the space by running a couple of very successful self-contained holiday lets along with the livery yard and bed and breakfast.
We have enjoyed our years here watching our children grow up being able to have all our brilliant animals with the added satisfaction of turning disused farm buildings into our dream family home. Ashby is a small friendly village with exceptional community spirit. We will be sad to leave and will miss it but we are planning to downsize and retire, looking forward to seeing more of the world!!
1. MONEY LAUNDERING REGULATIONS: Intending purchasers will be asked to produce identification documentation at a later stage and we would ask for your co-operation in order that there will be no delay in agreeing the sale.
2. General: While we endeavour to make our sales particulars fair, accurate and reliable, they are only a general guide to the property and, accordingly, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact the office and we will be pleased to check the position for you, especially if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. The measurements indicated are supplied for guidance only and as such must be considered incorrect.
4. Services: Please note we have not tested the services or any of the equipment or appliances in this property, accordingly we strongly advise prospective buyers to commission their own survey or service reports before finalising their offer to purchase.
5. THESE PARTICULARS ARE ISSUED IN GOOD FAITH BUT DO NOT CONSTITUTE REPRESENTATIONS OF FACT OR FORM PART OF ANY OFFER OR CONTRACT. THE MATTERS REFERRED TO IN THESE PARTICULARS SHOULD BE INDEPENDENTLY VERIFIED BY PROSPECTIVE BUYERS OR TENANTS. NEITHER SEQUENCE (UK) LIMITED NOR ANY OF ITS EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS HAS ANY AUTHORITY TO MAKE OR GIVE ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY WHATEVER IN RELATION TO THIS PROPERTY.
BrochuresPDF Property ParticularsFull Details
Main Street, Ashby De La Launde, LINCOLN
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Ruskington Station3.4 miles
- Metheringham Station4.2 miles
About the agent
Choose your local Sleaford William H Brown office…
We’re a long-established estate agency brand; in fact William H Brown has been trading since 1890, so you can trust we are experts in our field. If you need a little more convincing here’s a few more reasons to choose William H Brown as your estate agent…
>> Your local William H Brown team in Sleaford
Our team know the area and the marketplace. Most of our staff members live in the surrounding areas so we are your local exp
Stamp Duty calculator
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference SNH109950. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by William H. Brown, Sleaford. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the average speed from the provider with the fastest broadband package available on comparethemarket.com at this postcode. The average speed displayed is based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm). Fibre/cable services at the postcode are subject to availability and may differ between properties within a postcode. Speeds can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed at the property may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed and confirm availability to a property prior to purchasing on the broadband provider's website. Providers may increase charges. The information is provided and maintained by Stickee Technology Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.