High Street, Butleigh
- A rare opportunity to purchase such a charming barn conversion such as this offering flexible living accommodation together with a delightful and private setting in the highly sought-after villa...
- Enjoying a vast and characterful open plan living space with vaulted ceiling, drum wood burner, flagstone floors and exposed stone walls.
- Two mezzanine bedrooms, one enjoying a lovely south facing balcony with far reaching countryside views
- Superb spot with an excellent size west facing garden that is both peaceful and secluded with summer house, ample driveway parking and carport.
- A most attractive prospect being advantageously available with no onward chain and vacant possession
- Perfect for those seeking light and airy living accommodation that's ideal for the entertaining and for those looking to take advantage of its lovely setting and develop it further
Higher Rockes Barn is a former hay and cider barn constructed of local Blue Lias stone elevations set beneath a pan tiled roof, converted back in 1985 using oak throughout and retaining the original Blue Lias flagstone floor. The original wide oak stable door provides a lovely entrance and brings you into the heart of the barn which is flooded with natural light from two large roof window panels, a full height glazed panel with bi-folding doors and french doors both opening onto the garden. A vaulted ceiling with exposed trusses, beams and natural stone walls are what makes this open plan space so desirable, providing exceptional and relaxed entertaining space for those looking for something a little different or the flexibility for those with the appetite to develop it further. The openness allows for a variety of arrangements with plenty of room for lounge and dining furniture, at the heart of the barn a drum wood burner adds extra warmth when needed in addition to the gas fired central heating system. At one end there is a kitchen area with freestanding units and worktops with built-in oven, electric hob, ceramic double sink and space for a tall fridge/freezer. At either end of the barn are two open plan mezzanine bedrooms, overlooking the barn itself, the larger of the two enjoys a south facing balcony accessed via french doors providing stunning views over open countryside. A useful utility lobby houses the combination boiler and washing machine. Finally, an attractive ground floor bathroom, appointed with a white suite having panelled bath with shower over completes the accommodation.
The barn sits in a lovely size plot and provides scope to extend subject to planning permission and necessary consents. A five bar gate opens on to a long driveway which extends alongside the property to a timber framed carport. A gate at the side gives access to the garden, enjoying a west facing aspect this peaceful and secluded garden extends from the rear elevation and is laid mostly to lawn with a variety of mature trees and shrubs. There is also a useful summer house at the end of the garden.
Located on a quiet private farm settlement, consisting of a 16th century Manor Farmhouse and three other converted farm buildings all ideally situated near the heart of this highly popular mid-Somerset village, Butleigh enjoys local amenities including post office/store, primary school, parish church, playing field and public house together with an active community. The historic town of Glastonbury is 3.5 miles whilst the thriving centre of Street is 3 miles and offers a wide range of facilities including both indoor and outdoor swimming pools, Strode Theatre, Strode College and the complex of shopping outlets in Clarks Village. The renowned Millfield Senior School is on the outskirts of Street whilst the Preparatory School is at Edgarley on the edge of Glastonbury. Castle Cary, with its main line station to London Paddington and the South West, is 9 miles, the A303 at Podimore 8.5 miles and the M5 motorway interchange at Dunball (Junction 23) is 15 miles.
From Glastonbury/Street take the Butleigh Road and proceed into the village. Pass the cricket field on the left and take the first turning on the left into the High Street. Pass the village shop on the right and the primary school on the left and continue up to the top of the High Street. At the left hand bend into Henley Lane, proceed onto the private drive straight ahead of you, where the barn will be identified at the end on your right hand side.
BrochuresProperty BrochureFull Details
High Street, Butleigh
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Castle Cary Station6.9 miles
About the agent
The company was founded in 1991 and rebranded as Holland and Odam in 2017. We are now the leading independent estate agency in mid Somerset and offer a comprehensive property service including sales, lettings and financial services.
We have always been committed to providing our customers with high-quality, independent advice based on outstanding local knowledge, commitment and professional expertise.
You'll find that our business is built on traditional values of loyalty and hone
Stamp Duty calculator
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference 11203210. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by holland & odam, Street. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the average speed from the provider with the fastest broadband package available on comparethemarket.com at this postcode. The average speed displayed is based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm). Fibre/cable services at the postcode are subject to availability and may differ between properties within a postcode. Speeds can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed at the property may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed and confirm availability to a property prior to purchasing on the broadband provider's website. Providers may increase charges. The information is provided and maintained by Stickee Technology Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.