Stricklandgate, Kendal, Cumbria, LA9
- Lease type:
- Long term
- Prominent Retail / Office / Leisure Premises on the corner of Stricklandgate and Sandes Avenue in the popular market town of Kendal
- Attractive Return Shop Frontage
- Net Internal Area - 233.70m² (2,516 sq ft) over Ground and First Floor
- Sales Area - 113.49m² (1,222 sq ft)
- Rental - £35,000 per annum exclusive. Alternatively, the freehold may be available to purchase
The property is located on the junction of Stricklandgate and Sandes Avenue in Kendal.
Kendal is the principal town of South Lakeland and is situated just outside of the southern boundary of the Lake District National Park only 6 miles from Junctions 36 and 37 of the M6 Motorway. The town has a resident population of 29,495 (2011 Census) and is a popular tourist destination being 10 miles south of Windermere. The town has a weighted retail catchment in excess of 50,000 people and a greater district catchment in excess of 102,000. The district's Class Grouping indicates that in excess of 50% of the catchment area is of A, B or C demographic.
Oxenholme Train Station which is situated on the West Coast main railway line is located 3 miles to the south providing direct services to London (approximate journey time 2 hours 50 minutes) and Glasgow (1 hour 45 minutes).
Stricklandgate forms part of Kendal's main retailing centre and 113 Stricklandgate forms a corner position between the junction of Sandes Avenue and Stricklandgate making it a highly prominent unit. Occupiers in the immediate vicinity include Sports Direct, Kwik Fit, Premier Inn, Next, Boots and McDonalds.
Kendal has a lively town centre which benefits from local and regional demand and tourism trade from the Lake District National Park with a good mix of local, regional and national retailers and leisure outlets. As well as all year-round tourism, Kendal benefits from a number of festivals and events.
The property comprises a two-storey, self-contained prominent corner position retail unit incorporating an attractive ground floor timber framed shop façade with large window displays and pedestrian door at the corner of Stricklandgate and Sandes Avenue.
Internally, the accommodation is open plan and is arranged over two floors with services in situ to create high specification accommodation for specific occupier requirements.
The premises lends itself to a variety of retail uses, office or potentially leisure uses, subject to the required consents.
The property provides the following approximate net internal floor areas:
Ground Floor 118.52m2 (1,276 sq ft)
First Floor 115.18m2 (1,240 sq ft)
Total NIA 233.70m2 (2,516 sq ft)
The property is available by way of a new Full Repairing & Insuring lease for a term to be agreed and at a rental of £35,000 per annum exclusive.
Alternatively, the freehold may be available to purchase. Further details on application.
The property is to be re-assessed for business rates. Prospective tenants should check the exact rates payable with South Lakeland District Council.
ENERGY PERFORMANCE CERTIFICATE
The building has an Energy Performance Asset Rating of C64 and a copy of the certificate is available upon request or to download from the Government's online EPC database.
All figures quoted are exclusive of VAT where applicable.
Each party to bear their own legal costs in the preparation and settlement of the lease documentation together with any VAT thereon.
The unit is available to view by prior appointment with Edwin Thompson LLP. Contact:
Or joint agent Cheetham Mortimer, contact:
Edwin Thompson for themselves and for the Vendor/Landlord of this property, whose Agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are set out as a general outline only for the guidance of intending purchasers and do not constitute, nor constitute part of, any offer or contract.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, plans, reference to condition and necessary conditions for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to their correctness.
3. No person in the employment of Edwin Thompson has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatsoever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Agents, nor into any contract on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for loss or expense incurred in viewing the property or in any other way in the event of the property being sold or withdrawn.
5. These particulars were prepared in November 2021.
Stricklandgate, Kendal, Cumbria, LA9
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Kendal Station0.3 miles
- Burneside Station1.9 miles
- Oxenholme Lake District Station2.0 miles
Disclaimer - Property reference S1302. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by EDWIN THOMPSON, Windermere Office. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.