East Grinstead, West Sussex
- Wealden Mediaeval Threshing Barn
- Originally built between 1475 and 1550
- Includes clay roofing tiles, roof battens and new air dried oak cladding
- Buyer collects to re-erect elsewhere
- No Land available with this sale
The asking price includes clay roofing tiles, roof battens and new air dried oak cladding. Care has been taken to inspect and, where necessary, restore the strength and form of the original 500 year old timbers. A very detailed report on the barn prepared by Joe Thompson Dip Sur of Sussex Oak & Iron, Weald & Downland Museum Singleton could be made available to interested parties.
PLANNING Purchasers should make the appropriate checks themselves as to the need for planning consent to re-erect this building.
WARRANTY No warranty is given or implied by the vendor or their agent on the quantity, soundness and condition of the timbers and other building materials.
VIEWING & COLLECTION Inspection of the timbers can be arranged by prior appointment with the Agents and the buyer will be responsible for collection and removal once terms have been agreed.
James Tillard - /
Lisa Naismith - /
East Grinstead, West Sussex
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- East Grinstead Station0.6 miles
- Dormans Station2.2 miles
- Lingfield Station3.6 miles
About the agent
RH & RW Clutton is a long established independent firm of land agents, chartered surveyors and estate agents, dealing with a wide range of property matters throughout the South East. We are one of the leading firms in the area and our expertise lies in the sale and letting of period houses and cottages, farms, land and woodland, as well as commercial property. We are enthusiastic and energetic in our approach and we aim to offer excellent service with a dedicated team focusing on achieving t
Stamp Duty calculator
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference 100090001939. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by RH & RW Clutton, East Grinstead. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the average speed from the provider with the fastest broadband package available on comparethemarket.com at this postcode. The average speed displayed is based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm). Fibre/cable services at the postcode are subject to availability and may differ between properties within a postcode. Speeds can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed at the property may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed and confirm availability to a property prior to purchasing on the broadband provider's website. Providers may increase charges. The information is provided and maintained by Stickee Technology Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.