- Stunning 3/4 bed detached farmhouse
- Grade II listed
- Set on 0.3 acres of land in area of outstanding beauty
- Steeped in character
- Stunning inglenook fireplace and beams throughout
- Large driveway and double garage
- Village location and a short drive away from Sittingbourne and Faversham with rail links to the capital
- In close proximity to a selection of fantastic schools including state, grammar and private
Built in the 17th century and steeped in character, this unique property comprises three main rooms to the ground floor including a snug, dining room and lounge complete with an inglenook fireplace and beamed ceilings throughout.
Lovingly updated by the current owners, this rare to the market farmhouse has a large kitchen, utility room and downstairs WC to the ground floor and a family bathroom to the first in addition to the three bedrooms and office
Externally, this unique property has a large garden which is mostly laid to lawn as well as the added benefit of a large driveway and double garage.
With easy access to the village facilities in Doddington and Sittingbourne and the historic market town of Faversham offering rail links to the capital both within a ten minute drive, this beautiful property has all bases covered when it comes to character and location.
Schooling in the area includes primary schools at Milstead and Eastling, and Grammar schools in Faversham and Canterbury. Independent schools include Lorendon, at Painters Forstal, The King's School, St Edmunds and Kent College in Canterbury.
Doddington is a village and civil parish in the district of Swale, Kent. The village is located approx. six miles from Faversham and approx. five miles from Sittingbourne. Nestled within the Syndale Valley, Doddington is located at the heart of the Kent Downs Area of outstanding natural beauty and boasts excellent walking over this part of the North Downs. The village offers a pub, The Chequers Inn. This 14th Century coaching inn has played an integral part in the life of Doddington village for over three centuries and today offers the renowned Shepherd Neame beer and popular restaurant.
The village is notable for Doddington Place Gardens which boast lovely landscaped gardens, recognised as being of historical importance by English Heritage, are set in the grounds of an imposing Victorian mansion and cover ten acres. The gardens have been open in aid of the National Gardens Scheme for more than fifty years. Doddington is a quiet village with a good community spirit and is ideal for purchasers who wish to live in a semi-rural location but within only a 15 minute drive to Faversham train station with high speed links to London or Lenham railway station is some 10 minutes drive with a link to London.
Ground Floor -
Dining Room - 5.26m x 4.55m (17'3 x 14'11) -
Living Room - 5.18m x 5.08m (17'0 x 16'8) -
Kitchen - 8.13m x 2.82m (26'8 x 9'3) -
Boot Room - 2.97m x 2.82m (9'9 x 9'3) -
Snug/Study - 4.22m x 2.97m (13'10 x 9'9) -
First Floor -
Bedroom - 4.29m x 3.63m (14'1 x 11'11) -
En-Suite Shower Room -
Study/Nursery - 3.10m x 1.96m (10'2 x 6'5) -
Bedroom - 3.66m x 3.25m plus built-in wardrobes (12'0 x 10'8 -
Bedroom - 3.30m x 3.10m (10'10 x 10'2) -
BrochuresDoddington, Sittingbourne.pdfi-PACKSMiles and Barr Website
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Lenham Station3.6 miles
- Harrietsham Station4.4 miles
- Teynham Station4.6 miles
About the agent
Miles & Barr Exclusive is the bespoke division of award winning multi-branch estate agency Miles & Barr. Clinton Wells, the division director, has over 30 years' experience in the property promotion industry. Clinton has the two-fold advantage of an excellent knowledge of the local market - he grew up in East Kent and worked and raised his family there - and of experience in the London high-end property market, where he also worked for 10 years.
Stamp Duty calculator
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference 31192586. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Miles & Barr Exclusive, Canterbury. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the average speed from the provider with the fastest broadband package available on comparethemarket.com at this postcode. The average speed displayed is based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm). Fibre/cable services at the postcode are subject to availability and may differ between properties within a postcode. Speeds can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed at the property may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed and confirm availability to a property prior to purchasing on the broadband provider's website. Providers may increase charges. The information is provided and maintained by Stickee Technology Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.