High Street, Wigton, Cumbria, CA7
Commercial property for sale
A1, C3, E
- A prominent freehold premises occupying a prime location within the popular town of Wigton.
- Ground floor retail unit with ancillary basement accommodation.
- First & second floor 2 bedroom flat which is separately accessed and let on an AST at a passing rental of £450 per calendar month equating to £5,400 per annum.
- In the heart of Wigton town centre.
- Net Internal Area of the lower & ground floor - approximately 892 sq ft.
- Guide Price £150,000 exclusive.
The property is prominently situated on High Street in Wigton town centre. High Street is one of the main commercial thoroughfares in Wigton along with King Street.
Wigton, lies approximately 9 miles south west of Carlisle, and some 20 miles north west of Penrith. Wigton is a traditional Cumbrian market town with a central population of approximately 5,000 (2001 Census) which rises to 15,000 including the immediate surrounding hinterland.
Wigton is approached from Carlisle via both the A595 and A596 which continue on to connect to Workington, Whitehaven and West Cumbria approximately 22 miles away. The nearest motorway connections are Junctions 42 and 43 of the M6 at Carlisle. A District railway line stops at a station within the town and travels from Carlisle to West Cumbria and beyond to Kendal. From Carlisle there is a regular rail service to larger cities including London, Manchester, Glasgow and Edinburgh via the West Coast Main Line.
The property is located within the main retail core of Wigton with surrounding occupiers including a mixture of retail, professional and leisure users. Wigton bus station is approximately 300m to the north west.
The premises are arranged as a double fronted open plan sales area to the ground floor and a useful basement storage area and office accessed from the rear of the shop.
Internally, the shop is split into three retail areas with a WC to the rear. The double fronted retail accommodation is split with a left hand side section, a right hand side section and a retail area to the rear, all providing well-proportioned open plan sales space. The retail areas are a mixture of carpet/oak flooring, cassette fluorescent lighting, mixture of papered and painted walls and full height double glazed display windows to the front of the property. There are internal stairs to the rear which lead to a good quality fully tanked basement storage area and office, which is also carpeted.
The first floor comprises the following;
A modern kitchen area with modern wall and floor mounted units, cushioned vinyl flooring and spot lighting. The kitchen area is tiled and has an electric oven, hob and extractor. There is plumbing for a washing machine/dishwasher and space for a fridge/freezer. The kitchen has a large UPVC window giving the room plenty of natural light.
A cosy living room with timber framed double glazed windows and carpeted flooring.
A modern shower room with part tiled/part painted walls, a WC with wash hand basin and an electric shower.
The second floor incorporates;
A double bedroom with a timber framed double glazed window, exposed timber beam, carpeted flooring and painted walls.
A double bedroom with a timber framed double glazed window, exposed timber beam, carpeted flooring, painted walls and built in cupboards and dressing table.
The retail element of 43-45 High Street provides an approximate net internal floor area as follows:
Lower Ground Floor 26.14 sq m (281 sq ft)
Ground Floor 56.77 sq m (611 sq ft)
Approximate Net Internal Area 82.91 sq m (892 sq ft)
The first & second floor residential flat provides a gross internal area of 69.92 sq m (753 sq ft).
The property is held freehold with the extent shown red on the attached plan.
The first & second floor flat is let on an Assured Shorthold Tenancy at a passing rental of £450 per calendar month equating to £5,400 per annum.
The property has mains supplies of gas, electricity and water and is connected to the mains drainage and sewerage systems.
Prospective purchasers should make their own enquiries as to the services available for future use.
All figures quoted are exclusive of VAT where applicable.
The VOA website states that 43-45 High Street, Wigton has a Rateable Value of £7,200 and is described as a shop & premises.
The residential flat is assessed for Council Tax purposes within Band A.
ENERGY PERFORMANCE CERTIFICATE
Energy Performance Certificates have been produced for the premises and are available to download from the Edwin Thompson website. It is understood that the residential property has an Energy Performance Asset Rating of D60.
Offers are invited for the freehold interest at a guide price of £150,000 exclusive. A letting of the retail element may be considered.
Each party to bear their own legal costs in the preperation and settlement of the sale documentation together with any VAT thereon.
The property is available to view by prior appointment with the Carlisle Office of Edwin Thompson LLP. Contact:
Ruth Richardson / Suzie Barron
Edwin Thompson for themselves and for the Vendor of this property, whose Agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are set out as a general outline only for the guidance of intending purchasers and do not constitute, nor constitute part of, any offer or contract.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, plans, reference to condition and necessary conditions for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to their correctness.
3. No person in the employment of Edwin Thompson has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatsoever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Agents, nor into any contract on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for loss or expense incurred in viewing the property or in any other way in the event of the property being sold or withdrawn.
5. These particulars were prepared in December 2021.
High Street, Wigton, Cumbria, CA7
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Wigton Station0.4 miles
About EDWIN THOMPSON, Carlisle
Fifteen Rosehill Montgomery Way, Rosehill Industrial Estate, Carlisle, CA1 2RW
Disclaimer - Property reference H1298. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by EDWIN THOMPSON, Carlisle. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.